The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2015 6:39 am  #1

7 Summer Beers

w.realsshing

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 6:55 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/28/2015 8:24 am  #2

Re: 7 Summer Beers

Can't quibble too much with this list, although there are better Belgian Wheats than Shock Top. 

Three I would add to the list. Two of them from PA and one from southern New York state

Victory Summer Love - Quite frankly, the best seasonal summer beer on the market in my humble opinion. It's a slightly hoppy Blonde Ale.

Sly Fox Helles Lager - The ultimate "hot day and you just finished mowing the yard and you really need a cold beer" kind of beer. Also great for just sitting on the beach since it's low in alcohol.

Southern Tier "Live" - It's a simple pale ale bottle condidtioned with live yeast. Gently pour into a pint glass, put your feet up on the deck, and watch the clouds roll by.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

7/28/2015 1:13 pm  #3

I'm going to stray from the 'norm' here and say something I never thought I would ............. I've developed a real taste for 'Twisted Tea' on hot summer afternoons.  Please don't stone me. 

7/30/2015 7:43 am  #4

Just Fred wrote:

I'm going to stray from the 'norm' here and say something I never thought I would ............. I've developed a real taste for 'Twisted Tea' on hot summer afternoons.  Please don't stone me. 

Hey, whatever floats your boat. You're in a judgement free zone my friend.

It's funny, I was reading an interview with Jim Koch, who is the Chairman of the Boston Beer Co. and the guy who founded Sam Adams. Twisted Tea is a brand in the BBC portfolio along with some other malt beverages that aren't "beer". Koch's primary job for BBC is to promote his beer but he had something put into his contract with the board of directors that allows him to not acknowledge that his company makes those beverages. He said he even had a hard time getting on board with Sam Adams putting out IPAs because he thinks IPAs are just a fad and that people who drink IPAs don't really like or understand beer.

I admire Koch's honestly and passion for his traditional lagers and ales even if I disagree with him on the whole IPA thing.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

7/30/2015 3:20 pm  #5

Might want to try 'Old Rusputin' if you are in the the mood for a sipper stout.  9% alcohol content is a bit high for me (I usually look for things in the 5% range), but if you are in the mood for relaxing and just sipping one with a fine cigar, you might want to give it a shot.

7/30/2015 4:53 pm  #6

Just Fred wrote:

No, but I might get stoned with you.  Twisted Tea is a great malt, so is Mike's Hard Limeaid.

I've tried the other Mike's flavors but Limeaid is my favorite.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera