The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2015 9:28 am  #1

Domestic Terrorism

Ly

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 7:25 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/14/2015 11:06 am  #2

Re: Domestic Terrorism

I was once in an antique shop in New Jersey and there in a glass case was a slave collar. It was metal, worn, small in diameter, thick, and it had nothing but a number etched into it. I guess it may have been for a slave auction or maybe it was made to be worn all the time, I'm not sure. I don't know how long I just stood and stared into that case. I finally turned away with a tear or two in my eyes. The thought that one human being made another human being wear something like that made me so sad and angry! I will never forget it. And now every time I hear someone complain that the African-American population in this country should get over their history here and just move on, I think of that collar, and I think hell no they shouldn't forget. Their outrage that people want to sweep it all under the rug is justified.

2/14/2015 11:57 am  #3

Re: Domestic Terrorism

Take a quick trip to the NPR news site.  There's an article on the disparity in punishment between white and black girls in school.

Anyone who thinks racial differences are no longer a problem in this country should read the comments.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera