The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2015 9:35 am  #1

Some thoughts on the past week......

Hi gang:

First off, my apologies for not being around much lately. Between my day job, planning a big 40th birthday bash for the wife, and doing some volunteer work for my daughter's softball league, I've been pretty swamped and just haven't had much time for the board.

My Exchange inbox had been blowing up about Goose's moderation of the board. I looked into it and sent a comment in one of the threads that I hope our moderators will use a light touch in editing posts, deleting posts, or deleting threads.

Since I wrote that, my inbox has exploded even more with abuse notifications and complaints about the moderator staff.

The problem I have is since I haven't been following each and every post, I can't really comment on whether or not what is being deleted/altered reaches the level of what I think crosses the line or whether our moderators are being too sensitive or trying to settle personal grudges. 

And before we start talking about a set of policies and procedures about moderators having a two step process for deciding what should be deleted or whatever, I just don't see the need to make things this complicated.

So here's the deal.......if we can't find a way to all get along, I am going to remove both of our moderators and Tarnation and I will act as admins until further notice. If I see some board members are posting over the top personal attacks, profane language, or nudity, Tarnation and I will deal with that accordingly. 

Thanks,

The Lager Lad.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

5/04/2015 7:51 am  #2

Re: Some thoughts on the past week......

TheLagerLad wrote:

Hi gang:

First off, my apologies for not being around much lately. Between my day job, planning a big 40th birthday bash for the wife, and doing some volunteer work for my daughter's softball league, I've been pretty swamped and just haven't had much time for the board.

My Exchange inbox had been blowing up about Goose's moderation of the board. I looked into it and sent a comment in one of the threads that I hope our moderators will use a light touch in editing posts, deleting posts, or deleting threads.

Since I wrote that, my inbox has exploded even more with abuse notifications and complaints about the moderator staff.

The problem I have is since I haven't been following each and every post, I can't really comment on whether or not what is being deleted/altered reaches the level of what I think crosses the line or whether our moderators are being too sensitive or trying to settle personal grudges. 

And before we start talking about a set of policies and procedures about moderators having a two step process for deciding what should be deleted or whatever, I just don't see the need to make things this complicated.

So here's the deal.......if we can't find a way to all get along, I am going to remove both of our moderators and Tarnation and I will act as admins until further notice. If I see some board members are posting over the top personal attacks, profane language, or nudity, Tarnation and I will deal with that accordingly. 

Thanks,

The Lager Lad.

So, you haven't read the posts, nor can you comment on whether the actions were appropriate.
But, if more complaints are forthcoming, your response will be to,,,,,,, fire the moderators.

I'd like to respond. But, CT hasn't developed that sarcasm font yet. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera