The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2020 7:41 pm  #1

NYPD sees 49 percent spike in officers filing for retirement amid Geor

People want to de-fund the police? Crazy stuff! Watch for a big spike in crime across the nation!

NYPD sees 49 percent spike in officers filing for retirement amid George Floyd
unresthttps://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-272-retirement-filing-floyd-protests

A wave of NYPD officers has filed for retirement in the weeks following George Floyd's death on May 25, refocusing attention on police morale amid widespread protests and calls to defund law enforcement.The NYPD told Fox News on Saturday that 272 officers have filed for retirement between Floyd's death and June 23. That represents a 49 percent increase over the same period in 2019.

Resignations and actual retirements have remained relatively stable with 135 retirements in 2020 and 131 during the same time last year. According to the department, that's because the recent spate of filings hasn't been processed yet. The department saw 35 resignations in 2019 compared to 36 so far in 2020
.Hundreds of police officers have reportedly been injured as protests, at times violent, rocked the nation. That included hundreds from the NYPD as the city weighed cutting its budget and transferring funds to other programs in the city.

Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch told the New York Post that officers were at their "breaking point.""We are all asking the same question: ‘How can we keep doing our job in this environment?’" he said. "And that is exactly what the anti-cop crowd wants. If we have no cops because no one wants to be a cop, they will have achieved their ultimate goal.”

Last edited by Common Sense (6/27/2020 7:42 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

6/28/2020 11:23 pm  #2

Re: NYPD sees 49 percent spike in officers filing for retirement amid Geor

+1

Totally agree....these are the "unintended consequences" of politicians capitulating to howling mobs.

BTW your post is the FIRST substantive, non-trolling post ALL YEAR. 

June 30 was going to be my deadline for contacting the other Adminstrator and recommending we close the account...now I'm going to push that off another six months. 

Keep posting!

Life is an Orthros.

7/05/2020 7:48 pm  #3

Defunding police is an awful strategy.  If I were a politician, I would not want to have supporting that move on my record.  A very likely career-ender.

7/20/2020 7:09 pm  #4

The most fundamental purpose and obligation of government is to protect its citizens.

A government which fails to safeguard against "all enemies, foreign or domestic" is deserving of alteration or abolition.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera