The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2019 3:42 pm  #1

Poll: Trump At 46 Percent Favorability — Surpassing Obama At This

Poll: Trump At 46 Percent Favorability — Surpassing Obama At This Point In Presidency

https://jonathanturley.org/2019/05/07/poll-trump-at-46-percent-favorability-surpassing-obama-at-this-point-in-presidency/

new Gallup poll shows Donald Trump’s presidential job-approval rating hitting at 46 percent. While one can fairly note that the popularity is still lagging considerably behind a booming economy, it is also notable that President Barack Obama was at 44 percent in Gallup polling at this time in his presidency.The polling shows a couple things that I find fascinating about this presidency. First, there remains a sharp disconnect between the views of journalists and activists in the Beltway and the just of the country. When you travel outside of the city (or most major cities), there is considerable support for Trump. This leads to the same anti-establishment dimension that led to the last election surprise.

Wednesday, May 08, 2019The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.

MSM on a constant attack and the President is polling pretty good !  

Last edited by Common Sense (5/08/2019 3:43 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/09/2019 4:42 am  #2

Re: Poll: Trump At 46 Percent Favorability — Surpassing Obama At This

I thought that the Trumpers didn't believe in polls,,,,,,,,
Well, I guess that the good ones are accurate. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/09/2019 7:41 am  #3

Trump actually does not look very good at the 839 day mark compared to most other recent Presidents. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/09/2019 8:55 am  #4

Polls, polls, polls .................. There are several polls out there.  Take them with a grain of salt.  For one, poll takers usually use land lines to contact people for their surveys.  More and more people (especially the under 40 group) have jettisoned land lines for cell phones.  Secondly, I have both a land line and a cell phone, and when a call comes through with an area code I'm not familiar with, for example, I rarely answer it.  I figure if was something really important, they'd leave a message.

If you want to rely on the results of a Rasmussen poll, I say 'go for it' if it makes you feel good.

5/09/2019 8:57 am  #5

If it makes you happy.
Heck, I saw a poll last week showing Beto beating Trump in Texas.

Last edited by Goose (5/09/2019 9:05 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera