The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2019 12:36 pm  #1

Who Broke a Record for Extremist Killings in 2018?

Yep: White Extremists. 

The Anti-Defamation League released its annual report, “Murder and Extremism in the United States 2018,”[i] on Wednesday, which tracked murders perpetrated by all types of domestic extremists over the past year. According to their research, right-wing extremists killed more Americans in 2018 than they have in any year since 1995. The 50 extremist-related murders also made last year the fourth-deadliest year since 1970.[/i]  

The murders were overwhelmingly linked to white Americans. Only three deaths (or 6 percent of the extremist-related murders in 2018) were perpetrated by a black person. And despite what the anti-immigrant Trump administration would have you believe, none of the people charged with an extremist-related death snuck into the country with a Mexican caravan. In fact, in 2018, a grand total of zero killer radicals were born outside of the United States.

https://www.theroot.com/who-broke-a-record-for-extremist-killings-in-2018-spo-1831987223

Last edited by tennyson (4/29/2019 12:37 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/30/2019 5:21 am  #2

Re: Who Broke a Record for Extremist Killings in 2018?

Many people, including our own Just Fred, predicted this a few years ago, and were roundly criticized for being hysterical on this board.
I wish that some of those folks would come back here and issue a mea culpa. But political talk doesn't work that way.

Let's face it, we have seen a rise in violence committed by racists, anti-semites, and white nationalists. They have heard, loud and clear, the dog whistle saying that this White House will not challenge them. Donald Trump will not acknowledge domestic terrorism because he considers white nationalists to be a core constituency.

Last edited by Goose (4/30/2019 5:24 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/30/2019 10:05 am  #3

Re: Who Broke a Record for Extremist Killings in 2018?

Donald Trump will not acknowledge domestic terrorism because he considers white nationalists to be a core constituency.

And that's what it's all about isn't it?  Politics comes first in America anymore ...... at least that's what it's all about for the Trump cult.  The Republican Party has disappeared.  I favor impeachment hearings starting NOW.  Let the Senate R-Tribers show us where they stand! 

Board footera