The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2018 11:28 am  #1

Penn State

If it weren't for those close losses to MSU and OSU, the Lions would be in the hunt for a playoff.  The loss to Michigan was a legitimate pounding.  Anyway, PSU is destined for a bowl game.  Where do you think they'll end up?  Who would you like to see them play?

11/25/2018 12:17 pm  #2

Re: Penn State

Probably the Citrus bowl vs Kentucky according to ESPN.
Not a matchup that really excites me. I'd like to see them tangle with LSU.

It's been a disappointing season in so many ways.  The Nits lost to Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State.
So, the only win they secured against the Big Ten's elite was vs Wisconsin.
Not at all what we were looking for in Mcsorley's final year.

Thinking that Franklin may move on soon.

And, could someone please beat Alabama.
I hate that team.

Last edited by Goose (11/25/2018 12:23 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/25/2018 1:14 pm  #3

I hope Franklin stays, and many of us would share your feelings about Alabama.  I hope it's not a date with Kentucky.  Not something that excites me.

11/25/2018 1:33 pm  #4

I've hated Alabama since the 1979 Sugar Bowl.

Is it normal to hold a grudge for 39 years?
Asking for a friend. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/26/2018 10:31 am  #5

The thing about Alabama and their fans is this:  That's all they got in that state .......... no professional sports teams at all in that place.  No baseball, no football, no hockey, no basketball ....... college football rules.  Period.

So it's no wonder all the sports energy in Alabama goes to the Crimson Tide.

12/03/2018 12:33 pm  #6

Well, we got what we didn't want ........ PSU vs Kentucky.  Oh well, I'll be watching anyway.

12/03/2018 12:40 pm  #7

Just Fred wrote:

Well, we got what we didn't want ........ PSU vs Kentucky.  Oh well, I'll be watching anyway.

It’s either that or the Indy Bowl with Temple vs. Duke.

12/04/2018 8:39 am  #8

The boys in Vegas have PSU as a seven point favorite.
I don't think so.

While both teams have identical records, their season’s have been far from similar. Penn State began the year with College Football Playoff aspirations. Even after losing Saquon Barkley in the NFL Draft, they still retained a lot of talent and veteran QB heading into the season.

However, Penn State’s season quickly headed downhill. They started the year narrowly escaping Appalachian State in OT, and went on to lose to Michigan State, Ohio State and Michigan.

Kentucky, on the other hand, came into this season with low expectations. With a tough schedule, most Vegas Sports books projected their season win total at five wins. Kentucky would go on to surpass everyone’s expectations by upsetting Florida, Mississippi State and Missouri.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/12/2/18122878/penn-state-football-kentucky-odds-wildcats-2019-citrus-bowl

Board footera