The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2018 9:19 am  #1

Michelle Obama Outsells Trump’s ‘Art Of The Deal’ in One Week

Michelle Obama Outsells Donald Trump’s ‘Art Of The Deal’ With ‘Becoming’ In One Week

Former first lady Michelle Obama recently released a new book called Becoming, and in one week it sold 1.4 million copies. That means that in a week, Obama outsold president Donald Trump’s book Trump: The Art of the Deal.

Since 1987, Trump’s book has sold 1.1 million copies, and it’s a book he’s been plenty proud of over the years. According to an Inquisitr report, the previous first lady’s book flew off shelves selling 1.4 million copies in its first week. Her publisher, Crown Publishing, announced the good news about her extraordinary sales.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/25/2018 11:34 am  #2

Re: Michelle Obama Outsells Trump’s ‘Art Of The Deal’ in One Week

Did Trump even write his 'book'?  I find that hard to believe.

11/25/2018 11:56 am  #3

The Art of the Deal was 'credited' to Donald Trump and journalist Tony Schwartz.
In 2016 Trump cited it as one of his proudest accomplishments and his second-favorite book after the Bible.

Schwartz and the book's publisher, Howard Kaminsky, said that Trump had played no role in the actual writing of the book. Trump has given conflicting accounts on the question of authorship.

According to Schwartz, Trump wrote none of the book, choosing only to remove a few critical mentions of business colleagues at the end of the process. Trump responded with conflicting stories, saying "I had a lot of choice of who to have write the book, and I chose [Schwartz]", but then said "[Schwartz] didn't write the book. I wrote the book."

Former Random House head Howard Kaminsky, the book's original publisher, said "Trump didn’t write a postcard for us!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump:_The_Art_of_the_Deal

Last edited by Goose (11/25/2018 11:56 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/25/2018 6:46 pm  #4

Michelle has plenty to be proud of ... Trump not so much. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/26/2018 5:25 am  #5

The question is, does Trump have fewer friends, or is it that Trumpers just can't read? 

Board footera