The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2018 11:23 am  #1

Who Do You Root For?

The season is getting shorter week by week.  I'm interested in who you support.

For me, I root for three teams:  The Eagles, the Steelers, and anybody who is playing the Cowboys.  How about you guys?

11/25/2018 12:07 pm  #2

Re: Who Do You Root For?

Steelers. Born and raised in western PA. I can remember going to Forbes Field or Panther Stadium with my buddies from the neighborhood when we were kids to watch the Steelers play. The main reason people went to see them in those days was to throw empty Iron City cans at them when they came on and off the field. Then came the 70’s and 4 Super Bowls. Loved it when they moved their training camp to St. Vincent College near Latrobe. I went to high school near there and we always went to see them train — that was before they started charging admission. I took my grandson out there to their training camp a couple of times. For my 70th birthday last year my daughters got tickets for all our family including grandkids and my brother and sisters with their families to the Steelers - Ravens game in Pittsburgh. Steelers won on a field goal with about 30 seconds left in the game. Now when you talk to people and they begin to talk the Steelers down, a real Steelers fan will just say (in your best Pittsburgh accent) ”How many yins got?

Last edited by Rongone (11/25/2018 12:08 pm)

11/25/2018 12:13 pm  #3

Patriots.
Giants.
Whoever is playing the Ravens.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/25/2018 1:11 pm  #4

Great memories for you rongone!  Being from Aliquippa, I can relate.  My dad took me to Forbes Field where I saw Roberto Clemente, Bob Friend, Elroy Face, Don Hoak, etc.  Never saw a Steelers game in person.

But, hey, I think we would be on the same page with Goose and how he feels about the Ravens!

Board footera