The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2015 11:21 am  #1

Netflix Stock Soars to All-Time High as Customers Top 62 Million

Wish I had some of this stock!

Netflix Stock Soars to All-Time High as Customers Top 62 Million
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-15/netflix-tops-62-million-customers-with-gains-in-u-s-abroad

Netflix Inc. soared to a record high after saying that its video-streaming service topped 62 million subscribers worldwide, as original shows such as “House of Cards” drew new viewers globally.The stock jumped 13 percent to $537.46 at 9:39 a.m. in New York, giving the Los Gatos, California-based company a market value of $32.4 billion, exceeding that of CBS Corp.U.S. subscribers jumped by 2.28 million in the first quarter, while international accounts rose 2.6 million, Netflix said Wednesday on its website. Both figures beat its Jan. 20 forecast. Sales grew 24 percent to $1.57 billion, matching analysts’ projections.

Last edited by Common Sense (4/16/2015 11:22 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/20/2015 8:27 am  #2

Re: Netflix Stock Soars to All-Time High as Customers Top 62 Million

No doubt that the Netflix stock has had a very good year. 

But I won't touch it for a couple of reasons....

1) While it has some really good original content, (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) I don't think their on-line movie selection is not all that great and never has been. So if they don't keep pumping out good new shows, I can see a lot of subscriber drop off.

2) Netflix is completely dependent of the ISPs. With the Comcast/TWC merger coming up, overall consolidation of the telecom industry, and the uncertainty of the new Net Neutrality rules actually gettting implemented, they could get whacked by external forces that could force them to raise prices and potentially suffer delivery quality.

That said, what they have going for them is an increasing amount of people cutting the cable cord. But they are also seeing increased competition as HBO now has an internet only option as well as Amazon and others.

I think it's too late to get into Netflix now, but maybe at another dip.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera