The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2018 1:48 pm  #1

Sad news -- flowergirl a.k.a. AzaleaLady

I just wanted to make sure everyone here knew - Jo Ott, aka AzaleaLady and flowergirl, passed away last week. Obituary is here. Jo was one of the biggest parts of the "old" Exchange and just an awesome person. I thought there were likely many people here who would want to know.

Last edited by jconcilio (7/29/2018 1:49 pm)

Joan
I'm just here for the party.

7/29/2018 2:17 pm  #2

Re: Sad news -- flowergirl a.k.a. AzaleaLady

Thanks for posting, Joan. 

I remember her well on the Old Exchange and read most of her posts. 

Condolences to all her family and friends. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/29/2018 3:36 pm  #3

Thanks for info, Joan.  I never really knew her except for her contributions to the Exchange, but she seemed like a really good person with a heart.

7/29/2018 5:11 pm  #4

Aye,

May her Memory be Eternal!

Life is an Orthros.

7/29/2018 8:13 pm  #5

Just Fred wrote:

Thanks for info, Joan.  I never really knew her except for her contributions to the Exchange, but she seemed like a really good person with a heart.

Aye.

Jo had wanted to bestow her collection of vintage (50's and 60's) PA & MD roadmaps to me, but we were never able to work out the logistics for the transfer.

Life is an Orthros.

7/30/2018 4:34 am  #6

Sad news.
She was a kind soul.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/10/2018 6:07 pm  #7

So sad to hear this.  Thanks, Joan.  Azalealady was a very nice person.  Good journey, Jo.

8/10/2018 7:00 pm  #8

florentine wrote:

So sad to hear this.  Thanks, Joan.  Azalealady was a very nice person.  Good journey, Jo.

Rest in Peace, Azalea.
Hoping that you are well, Florentine. 
God bless.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/10/2018 7:05 pm  #9

I have renamed the forum formerly known as "Azaelea's Garden" to  Azaelea's Memorial Garden, adding to the description  "in memory of Azalealady a.k.a. flowergirl".

Life is an Orthros.

8/11/2018 7:59 am  #10

Goose wrote:

florentine wrote:

Rest in Peace, Azalea.
Hoping that you are well, Florentine. 
God bless.

I hope you are well too. Goose.  It's sad to hear of an internet friend passing.  We don't actually know them, they are just type on a screen, but they can come to mean very much in our lives.

Board footera