The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2018 2:24 pm  #1

James Comey's book is already a best seller, with Trump's help

With an assist from President Trump, James Comey's book is surging on the best sellers list.

The book, "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership," won't be released until April 17.

But on Sunday it was No.1 on Amazon's constantly updated list of best sellers. The ranking reflects a sudden spike in pre-orders. On Saturday morning, it was No. 15.

What caused the spike in the former FBI director's book sales? Well it seems to be related to the president's rhetoric.

Trump's decision to fire Comey last May, triggering a special counsel investigation, is back in the news this weekend, thanks in part to deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe's firing on Friday night.

On Saturday, Trump celebrated McCabe's firing and called out Comey as "sanctimonious." Trump said Comey "made McCabe look like a choirboy."
Amazon isn't the only site that showed a surge of pre-order sales over the weekend.

"A Higher Loyalty" was also No. 4 on the Barnes & Noble website's best selling books list on Sunday.

Of course, getting on a best seller list a month before your book comes out is a dream come true for an author.

Last edited by Goose (3/18/2018 2:25 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/18/2018 5:15 pm  #2

Re: James Comey's book is already a best seller, with Trump's help

As they say --- "Karma is a Bitch" ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/13/2018 4:59 am  #3

Impatiently waiting for April 17 when I get my copy!

Comey paints unsparing portrait of Trump in devastating tell-all book

(CNN)It is nothing less than the most devastating, contemporaneous takedown of a sitting president in modern history.

The James Comey storm, brewing menacingly on the horizon for months, slammed into the White House just after 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, as the first leaks of the fired FBI director's explosive new book started gushing out.

Proving that revenge is a dish best served cold, Comey waited 11 months to exact his retribution for his dismissal by President Donald Trump last May. When it came it was unsparing, richly detailed and mortifying for the President.
He painted Trump as a relentless liar who is obsessively unethical, devoid of humanity and a slave to his ego, who is clueless about his job and unconcerned about a Russian assault on American democracy.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics/donald-trump-james-comey-book-revelations/index.html

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/13/2018 7:42 am  #4

I caught a bit of the book that was already reviewed by several readers before it goes public.  The line that hit home with me was that Comey compared Trump's running of his administration to a mob boss.  Of course, many of us knew that months ago, but having someone on the 'inside' saying it is significant.

4/13/2018 10:08 am  #5

Just Fred wrote:

I caught a bit of the book that was already reviewed by several readers before it goes public.  The line that hit home with me was that Comey compared Trump's running of his administration to a mob boss.  Of course, many of us knew that months ago, but having someone on the 'inside' saying it is significant.

It comes down to "Who do you believe" and the lines have been drawn on both sides. Looking at how a person behaves in general has always led me to normally choose the one I want to side with. This was one easy example at least for me. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/13/2018 11:38 am  #6

Authoritarianism might work in the business world, but in democratic governing it doesn't.  Period.

4/13/2018 11:46 am  #7

Here's are some must read excerpts from the book..  It's short and to the point:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics/comey-book-trump/index.html

Last edited by Just Fred (4/13/2018 11:48 am)

Board footera