The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2017 9:24 am  #1

What Your President is Focused On

Jobs?
Healthcare?
Infrastructure?
National security?

Guess again.
Todays statements by the President:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  
60m60 minutes ago
 Crazy Joe Scarborough and dumb as a rock Mika are not bad people, but their low rated show is dominated by their NBC bosses. Too bad!

1h1 hour ago
 I am extremely pleased to see that @CNN has finally been exposed as #FakeNews and garbage journalism. It's about time!

1h1 hour ago
 Word is that @Greta Van Susteren was let go by her out of control bosses at @NBC & @Comcast because she refused to go along w/ 'Trump hate!'

1h1 hour ago
Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?

Last edited by Goose (7/01/2017 9:26 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/01/2017 2:21 pm  #2

Re: What Your President is Focused On

This is SO SAD when there is some much that needs to be done. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/01/2017 11:04 pm  #3

There are better things that Trump could be addressing...

Minds are like parachutes - they work best when open.

7/02/2017 6:38 am  #4

Kittenea wrote:

There are better things that Trump could be addressing...

Yes indeed.
I am reading a lot of discussion about whether the President should tweet. I am not a huge fan of Twitter. It's fine for sharing articles, but I just don't think that you can really discuss a topic adequately in 140 characters.
But, maybe I'm just showing my age, and that this is the new way of communicating.

But, it really doesn't matter that the President Tweets. What matters is what the President tweets about. And the President is focused on some tawdry fight with some TV personalities. How does that help the people?
I know that some find his rages entertaining. I don't. And, in any event, the president's job is not to entertain. That's why God created Rush Limbaugh.

A larger question, what do we do about the President's ongoing fight against a free press. This is really serious.
I know that a lot of folks are angry with the press. Sometimes rightly so. But, what is the alternative? Getting the Truth from Trump? 

Last edited by Goose (7/02/2017 6:39 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/04/2017 11:53 am  #5

We've gone down this road before ............... promoting and installing a fascist, authoritarian dictatorship REQUIRES attacking and dismantling a free press. Otherwise, you are opening the door to critical thinkers who may challenge and question your decision-making.  While this leadership style may work in the corporate world, it simply runs against the values established by a democratic governing philosophy.

Board footera