The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2015 8:56 am  #1

Just add water: Here comes powdered alcohol

Alcohol in a very new form? Could it create more problems that liquid booze?

Just add water: Here comes powdered alcohol
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/12/just-add-water-here-comes-powdered-alcohol/

Freeze-dried, powdered alcohol has been approved by federal regulators, meaning the controversial novelty — once called “the Kool-Aid of teen binge drinking” — could hit liquor-store shelves across the country by the summer.The product, dubbed Palcohol, was given the go-ahead on Tuesday by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau almost a year after it backtracked on its previous authorization, saying the label approvals had been issued in error.Bureau spokesman Tom Hogue told the Associated Press on Wednesday that all issues had been resolved, giving a small Arizona-based company the green light to roll out four ready-made beverages: cosmopolitans, margaritas, a vodka and a rum. The company said a lemon drop drink should be “approved shortly.”

Company web site
http://www.palcohol.com/

Last edited by Common Sense (3/31/2015 8:57 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/31/2015 9:54 am  #2

Re: Just add water: Here comes powdered alcohol

Gross. 

3/31/2015 2:38 pm  #3

I heard about this.  I still can't see why anyone would want it, and I never knew there was a demand for it?

3/31/2015 5:42 pm  #4

I'm sure it would be easy to smuggle into places where alcohol is not allowed.

4/01/2015 12:44 pm  #5

A couple of weeks ago, the CEO of the company that makes this was on CNBC for an interview. In theory, I'm not against this for adult use, but every question that was asked around how it was made and what went into it was not answered by the CEO with him citing intellectual property protections, but by and large, the guy came off as really shady.

So I'll pass on this and continue consuming alcohol the old fashioned way.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera