The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2015 8:52 am  #41

Re: Eagles

Baby Number 2 is here!

Second eaglet hatches in Hanover-area nest
http://www.ydr.com/eagle/ci_27779192/second-eaglet-hatches-hanover-area-nest

What's better than a baby eagle? Two baby eagles.The second of two eggs in a York County nest hatched on March 25 around 6:50 a.m., just a day after its sibling hatched early Tuesday morning. The event unfolded in front of thousands of viewersthanks to a camera commissioned by the Pennsylvania Game Commission and several private-sector partners.

Last edited by Common Sense (3/25/2015 8:52 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/25/2015 2:34 pm  #42

15:30.
Dad has brought a fish to the nest, and it's chowtime!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/28/2015 9:49 am  #43

It's a feast of fish this morning. There are 3 fish in the nest. No snow on the nest but mom looks wind blown!
Does anyone have any idea how far away the stream or lake is where they catch the fish?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/28/2015 10:19 am  #44

Does anyone know what kind of fish they are?  Some look very big.

3/29/2015 8:40 am  #45

The eagles are back on line now. I e-mailed the PA Game commission and asked a few questions.

What kind of fish are in the nest and where is the closest body of water where the eagles fish.
I will post their response if I get one. Seems Dad has been busy… more fish in the nest!
The babies were battling each other during feeding time.

3/31/2015 10:29 am  #46

E-mail response from the PA Game commission:

The Fish and Boat Commission think that some of the fish in the eagle nest may be trout and shad.
The eagles are catching what’s available in lake Marburg which is visible from the nest.

3/31/2015 12:22 pm  #47

Some days there are several fish in the nest--enough to feed an army of eaglets.  Momma is so good with feeding her little babes, making sure each eaglet gets a fair share.  What ever is that black thing in the nest?  She keeps moving it out of the way. It almost looks like a skunk carcass but I doubt eagles would touch a stinky skunk.

3/31/2015 12:30 pm  #48

flowergirl wrote:

Some days there are several fish in the nest--enough to feed an army of eaglets.  Momma is so good with feeding her little babes, making sure each eaglet gets a fair share.  What ever is that black thing in the nest?  She keeps moving it out of the way. It almost looks like a skunk carcass but I doubt eagles would touch a stinky skunk.

The YDR Facebook page yesterday was debating whether it was a skunk or a black cat. In the end, it was determined to be a skunk. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/31/2015 2:50 pm  #49

That surprises me.  She's moved it far away from where her babies are.  I noticed yesterday and today she would nip at it as though tatking a bite and shake it out of her mouth.  Skunk must taste as foul as its odor.

4/01/2015 10:27 am  #50

Five ways the Hanover eagles are just like us

http://www.ydr.com/lifestyle/ci_27827347/five-ways-hanover-eagles-are-just-like-us

Like most people in southcentral Pennsylvania, I've been watching the Hanover Eagle Cam. It's fascinating to get an up-close look at a bald eagle family. It's even better knowing that they are basically in our own backyard.As a parent, I also appreciate seeing how the eagles handle their roles as mother and father. And, during the past few weeks, I've realized that we have a lot in common with the feathered foursome.

Last edited by Common Sense (4/01/2015 10:28 am)

Board footera