The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2017 5:25 pm  #1

What are we doing for game day?

What are we doing for game day?

I'm thinking about doing jalapeño poppers, and nachos. Then, for the main course hot pepper, onion and sausage sandwiches .

A mixture of Mexican and southern Italian

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/31/2017 8:00 pm  #2

Re: What are we doing for game day?

Since I don't give a flying fig about all the hullabaloo over a football game I stick to my usual daily habits of low/no fat, low/no sugar like my homemade humus, an apple with sharp cheese; yogurt; a smoothie or whatever I fancy that's in the freezer or want to make from scratch.  Your menu sounds terrific for anyone who can eat that much food.  Far too much for me.

Last edited by flowergirl (1/31/2017 8:00 pm)

2/02/2017 10:49 pm  #3

Only two more weeks for meat until Easter in the Orthodox Church**, so the menu will definitely be a carnivore's delight.

Probably some venison chili to go with the nachos and guacamole.

**we start fasting from meat one entire week BEFORE the start of Lent...then ramp it up to include dairy and eggs once Lent begins.   

Last edited by Tarnation (2/02/2017 10:53 pm)

Life is an Orthros.

2/04/2017 8:13 am  #4

Venison Chili,,,,,,,
No offense, Flower, but I'm going to Tarnation's pad!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/04/2017 10:28 am  #5

Goose--you may have all the venison in the whole world and it would not phase me one iota!  No way, Jose`.

2/04/2017 12:14 pm  #6

I'll probably order a tuna grinder takeout, maybe a half dozen extra crispy chicken wings, and watch the game in peace with my neighbor and not surrounded by a pile of people who don't give a rat's carcass about football.  I guess I'm a little boring.  

Board footera