The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2017 11:07 am  #11

Re: Conference Championships

Just Fred wrote:

Well, they broke my heart, the Steelers and the Packers lost . . . They lost BIG. There's nothing you can say other than they both got beaten soundly. But they did not destroy my mind.

Wait, wait, wait!  This just in:  Kellyanne Conway has introduced some alternative facts and reported the Steelers won!   Let's wait and see who shows up at the Super Bowl.

I don't know if the Steelers won that game.
Nobody knows.
But. people are talking. People are saying.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/23/2017 11:43 am  #12

I don't know if the Steelers won that game.
Nobody knows.
But. people are talking. People are saying.

Exactly!  People are talking and saying the Steelers have made hotel reservations in Houston following the NFC Championship game.  Why would they do that?  The photograph of the scoreboard at the end of the game could easily have been altered.  That's what people are saying.

1/23/2017 12:06 pm  #13

Historically speaking, the last time both conference championship games were blowouts to the extent they were yesterday was the 1978-79 season. Pittsburgh crushed the Houston Oilers 34-5 and Dallas shutout the L.A. Rams 28-0.

However, it was followed up by a really good Super Bowl with the Steelers beating the Cowboys 35-31

I think this will be a competitive Super Bowl. Atlanta's offense really impressed me. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/23/2017 1:32 pm  #14

I think this will be a competitive Super Bowl. Atlanta's offense really impressed me. - The Lager

I agree.  That's what people are saying, anyway. 

1/23/2017 1:40 pm  #15

Sorry day for the Steelers. 

But, I would rather see them loose big time than lose by a point. It was an overwhelming win for the Pats. They deserved the win. 

I wonder if this might be Rothliesbergers swan song ? 

Last edited by tennyson (1/23/2017 1:40 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/23/2017 2:48 pm  #16

tennyson wrote:

Sorry day for the Steelers. 

But, I would rather see them loose big time than lose by a point. It was an overwhelming win for the Pats. They deserved the win. 

I wonder if this might be Rothliesbergers swan song ? 

I don't think we've seen the last of Ben. The Steelers do have to start thinking about a replacement for him however. Landry Jones isn't the guy from my perspective. The Steelers need the same thing they have needed for about 5 years now: a bona fide pass rusher from the defensive line and some reliable defensive backs. This year will be the first year in many that no Steelers made the pro bowl on the defensive side. Again, from my viewpoint, they need to quit drafting and trading for receivers and linebackers and fill the holes they have, especially defensive backs. Maybe the guys they have will develop into those players, but right now (especially after these weaknesses were so glaringly exposed by the Patriots) the lack of these skills are costing them ball games.

1/23/2017 2:52 pm  #17

I wonder if this might be Rothliesberger's swan song ? - Tennyson

Some people are saying that Tenny.  That's what I heard, but maybe their opinions are based on alternative facts.

(Sorry about my references to Kellyanne Conway creeping into many of my posts today, but that woman has been getting under my skin ever since she dressed like a doorman at FAO Schwartz on inauguration weekend.)

1/23/2017 3:43 pm  #18

Swan song?
Heck,  Ben is five years younger than Brady.
Lobster rolls and Sam Adams must keep you young!
Seriously, I'm not up to speed on Ben's health. Didn't he have his neck operated on? Or am I conflating that with Manning?

Last edited by Goose (1/23/2017 3:43 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera