The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2017 6:53 am  #11

Re: Take That You Fiend!

The trouble with Common is that he lacks the power to reason but not the power to type.

OK, I've had some great fun. But,  CT, you did ask for examples. So here goes.
In any number of threads about Russian Hacking, and coincidentally climate change I note similar behavior by CS.
I see mocking. I see labels like "Delusional", "HystericaL', etc.
I see reasoned criticism characterized as "Melting down", or an "Unhealthy fixation".
I see emoticons.
I see a stubborn refusal to even look at something that one does not wish to see.
What I do not see is any sort of reasoned counter-argument. I do not see a  calm articulation of a viewpoint.
There is anger at me, OK.
But, when one of the nicer members of the exchange asks for elaboration or discussion, CS simply fades away,,,,,,,,,
And then the next episode of mocking and hyperbole starts.

I think that we'd be better of with some actual discussion.
But I don't think we are going to get it.

Last edited by Goose (1/07/2017 7:34 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/07/2017 7:34 am  #12

Common Sense wrote:

My only comment for this thread is why when there is a dust up here it always involves our Fancy Boy aka Goose?

Godzilla vs The Man
Godzilla vs Brady Bunch
Godzilla vs Me
Mothra vs Jeerleader

Anyone who dare take a different view than our Fancy Boy for more than a couple posts will.....  well everyone here knows what happens! And it happens time after time. This place is like Ground Hog Day it keeps repeating it's self.

That last one was when Fancy Boy had an identity crisis.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

1/07/2017 7:38 am  #13

People who live in glass houses,,,,,,
I remember when Common drove Florentine from the board.
You probably didn't even notice. 
But, she reached out to me. Lovely person.
A big loss to us.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/07/2017 8:54 am  #14

Okay,that failed too.

I just assumed people had a sense of humor.

Drama.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera