The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2016 10:42 am  #1

Facebook Housecleaning

Well, I just unfriended a guy on facebook. No big deal. He was one of those guys from high school who you haven't seen in 25 years and forgot was kinda a dick back in the day. And, in a weak moment you accept a friend request from him. Keeping in touch and all that.  For a while he kind of lurks there, looking harmless, looking like a decent person. And then,,,,,,,,

He posted one of those rants today. You know the one. A guy packages a bunch of hatred towards others up into some bizarre argument that his bigotry is some sort of moral courage. "I'm not going to be politically correct", yada yada yada.

Then he closes with, "I've had it with this diversity crap".

Hey, he's got a point. What's the deal with this people being different stuff?,,,,, I mean, why can't everybody be a straight, white, Christian, male? ,,,,,,Hey, I managed to do it. But, some of you folks out there don't even seem to be trying.,,,, And what's up with people speaking different languages? Did some liberal start that?
And, respecting different religions?,,,,,, Oh boy, don't even get me started on that!

LOL. Anyway. Happy New Year! Start the year off right by dumping all of the negative, bigots and misogynists off your facebook feed. Life is too short for bad wine, or narrow minded people.

Last edited by Goose (12/31/2016 1:00 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/31/2016 10:52 am  #2

Re: Facebook Housecleaning

Fortunately, I've never personally known anyone of that ilk and if I did they would never become a Facebook friend.  Good for you for dumping the guy.

Board footera