The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2016 3:09 pm  #1

What are You Drinking on Election Night?

Toasting the Latino wave with Dos Equis?

Cheering for Trump with a pale ale?

I think that I will grab some Yuengling Lager, because:
1. I really like it.
2. I'll be thinking of my home state.
3. The owner is a Trump supporter, and I want to start the healing thru beer. 
Hey, men of good conscience can disagree and still share a few cold ones. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/07/2016 3:19 pm  #2

Re: What are You Drinking on Election Night?

Goose wrote:

Toasting the Latino wave with Dos Equis?

Cheering for Trump with a pale ale?

I think that I will grab some Yuengling Lager, because:
1. I really like it.
2. I'll be thinking of my home state.
3. The owner is a Trump supporter, and I want to start the healing thru beer. 
Hey, men of good conscience can disagree and still share a few cold ones. 

There's some Philly area bars who have pulled Yeungling from their taps because Dick Yuengling came out in support of Trump.

Personally, I think that's dumb. Both on Yuengling because why get your business involved with a political candidate. And because if you like something, why turn away from it over a political argument.

For me, I'm going to stick with what's currently in the beer fridge.

Lancaster Oktoberfest
Bell's Two-Hearted Ale
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

The first returns from Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina start coming in at 7:00 EST. My hope is that it's a quick night and I can get to bed by 10:00. But I have enough beer reserves to make it all the way to Alaska, if needed.

For America.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

11/07/2016 4:02 pm  #3

Wish I was an imbiber but no, I'll be sticking with my Trader Joe's something-or-other green tea or a glass of Strite's Orchard's apple cider. 

11/07/2016 5:38 pm  #4

I'm going with wine.  Starting off with a vin nobile from Montepulciano (ok, maybe I cheated since my shipment came two days ago), then switching to a brunello, and finishing the evening off with a vin santo from a tiny winery south of Florence in the Chianti Classico region.

But hey, before the fun, I might sip to a nut brown ale or two.  So many beers ........ so little time.

11/07/2016 6:13 pm  #5

A pitcher of Mudslides.

11/08/2016 7:04 am  #6

Just Fred wrote:

I'm going with wine.  Starting off with a vin nobile from Montepulciano (ok, maybe I cheated since my shipment came two days ago), then switching to a brunello, and finishing the evening off with a vin santo from a tiny winery south of Florence in the Chianti Classico region.

But hey, before the fun, I might sip to a nut brown ale or two.  So many beers ........ so little time.

Thinking of putting a bottle of prosecco in the fridge, but I don't want to jinx myself.
I can always chill it in a bucket of ice water in a pinch.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/08/2016 7:53 am  #7

Some will laugh, some will crow, as for me, I'd rather drink (Laughing) Crow than eat crow!

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera