The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/30/2016 5:48 am  #1

Getting Your Home Ready for Winter

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/30/2016 10:14 am  #2

Re: Getting Your Home Ready for Winter

Lastly, head South ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/30/2016 11:10 am  #3

All done. Plus 4 cords of seasoned & split oak stacked on the back patio for easy access to the wood stove, and heating oil contract negotiated and settled with price cap through next October.

Also a trip to Playa del Carmen end of November, down to St. Croix for 2 weeks December/January planned, and working on a getaway in April . . . Needed to fight the winter blues. Some Caribbean sunshine in the winter months does wonders for one's mood.

10/30/2016 1:01 pm  #4

Wood has been ready since early spring.   The deep reserves (I figure lasting to 2022 or 2024) have been replenished.  

Gutters vacuumed.  Shrubbery pruning complete and LED Christmas lights already in place.

The only remaining chore is to switch the tractors from cutting decks to snow blade and snow thrower, but that needs to wait until leaf shredding is over....usually Thanksgiving time is the changeover.

Life is an Orthros.

10/30/2016 3:24 pm  #5

Talk about preparation!  You guys are all there.  Tarnation--do you heat only with wood?

10/30/2016 3:32 pm  #6

Got tons of wood. 
I bought a fair amount. and the ash borer has killed a few trees on the property.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/30/2016 5:18 pm  #7

I'm going to hire Tarnation for next winter's preparation !

Maybe he'll sell me some wood . . . I'm running out of places to cut.

10/30/2016 5:26 pm  #8

Ron,

About seven years ago I actually needed to buy firewood....bought it from a fellow out your way, Trent Young,
578-2572.   I don't know if he is still in the business.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera