The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2016 3:06 pm  #1

Summer Brews

What new finds, or old favorites, are we chillin and grillin with this summer?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/23/2016 9:12 pm  #2

Re: Summer Brews

As a beer lover, I must confess I'm starting to like Twisted Tea, too ............ especially on hot summer afternoons.  Lager, don't stone me.  Ha!

5/23/2016 11:13 pm  #3

Just Fred wrote:

As a beer lover, I must confess I'm starting to like Twisted Tea, too ............ especially on hot summer afternoons.

Mike's hard limeaide is my brew of choice on those hot afternoons after yard work.

Or basic "Colorado Cool-iade".

Life is an Orthros.

5/24/2016 6:14 am  #4

O know that it's a bit of a cliche', but I love a really cold Corona on a hot day.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/25/2016 11:02 am  #5

I say it every summer; go get yourself some Victory Summer Love. A mild hopped blonde ale. Hands down the best summer beer in my opinion.

I also really like Sly Fox's Helles Lager. A great post mowing the yard, flavorful lager that isn't heavy at all. Make sure it is ice cold. 

I'll also give a shout out to Dogfish Head's Romantic Chemistry. In past years at this time, they had put out Aprihop, which was an Apricot IPA. They upgraded it this year to an Apricot, Mango, and Ginger IPA. Pretty strong at 6.8% but a good IPA for those who claim to not like IPAs. It's a seasonal release to get some before it's gone. 

And finally, since it's finally no longer buried only down in the South and made its way to the mid-Atlantic states, you need to find someSweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. It's character is very similar to Summer Love, (although Summer Love has a better hop profile, IMHO) but it's a very refreshing beer that you can get year round.

And yes, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention good ol' Yeungling Lager. Always a good summer drink!

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

6/04/2016 5:46 pm  #6

I just bought a Shock Top "Summer Camp" variety pack.

First up:  Summer Grapefruit.  This one is a winner....perfect balance of citrus tart and sweet, almost like Fresca with a hint of hops.   Smooth, no bite, no aftertaste.   About half the price of the craft counterparts with no compromise of quality.

I will definitely be getting this one by the case.

Life is an Orthros.

6/06/2016 6:04 pm  #7

I'm nursing the Apple Crisp from the Shock Top Summer Camp...another winner.

I was afraid I wouldn't like it, making the sampler a disappointment  (and since that is the only way to buy the apple or the grapefruit, except at the much higher "mix a six" price at Weis or Giant) I was resigned to the more expensive way.

But there isn't a bad brew in the box....recommend them all highly.

Life is an Orthros.

6/12/2016 12:42 pm  #8

Long Trail Summer Ale  

Brewed by: 
Long Trail Brewing Co. 
Vermont, United States 

Style: American Blonde Ale 

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 4.30% 

Availability: Summer 

Notes 
An unfiltered golden ale made to chill out summer's hottest days. Remarkably light on the palate, with a soft Pilsner malt character and a distinct citrus hop aroma deriving from dry-hopped additions of Citra hops. Each sip finishes with a refreshing bitterness that invites another. At 4.3% ABV, this golden beauty is a truly quaffable drinking experience.

BA SCORE 
good 
24 Reviews

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/94/116279/

7/09/2016 3:49 pm  #9

Here is a quick and easy way to make a frozen frosted drink:  

Start with one of those vanilla Banana Smoothie envelopes from Concord Farms.

Subsitutue Coconut Rum for the milk.

Plan to go no where and do nothing for the next three hours.

Life is an Orthros.

7/15/2016 7:54 pm  #10

I am blessed with an abundance of wild spearmint.

So for an very refreshing summer evening drink, place a couple of partially broken (torn a couple places, not chopped or mangled) mint leaves in a glass around 3 - 4  ice cubes.

Fill with bourbon until the ice is covered.

Faux mint julep!

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera