The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2015 10:59 am  #1

Federal judge denies government stall in gun transfer case

Federal judge denies government stall in gun transfer case

http://www.examiner.com/article/federal-judge-denies-government-stall-gun-transfer-case

The same federal judge in Fort Worth, Texas who last month handed the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms a significant victory in a case challenging a long-standing ban on interstate handgun sales yesterday deniedwhat was essentially an attempt by the federal government to stall the case for two months while considering whether to appeal the ruling."Should the government appeal and lose again, the result could be shattering because it would undo one of the key tenets of gun control over the past 47 years. The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits the interstate transfer of handguns; that is, a resident of one state cannot travel to another state and legally purchase a handgun. Under existing law, a handgun must be shipped by one federally-licensed dealer in one state to a dealer in the home state of the buyer.But that prohibition was essentially made irrelevant with the creation of the National Instant Check System. A person legally able to buy a handgun in Seattle should just as easily be able to legally purchase that sidearm in San Antonio, because that person would pass the federal background check regardless in which location the transaction occurred."

Last edited by Common Sense (3/04/2015 10:59 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/04/2015 11:19 am  #2

Re: Federal judge denies government stall in gun transfer case

When the shootout comes with the Federal government, I want to make sure that I can get my guns either  locally or across the state border. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera