The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2016 9:22 am  #21

Re: Hi gang!!!

Just took out the trash Fred.

Sorry everyone, I didn't check in yesterday.  Hope this wasn't too disruptive.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/28/2016 10:22 am  #22

I'm glad you guys are letting Fasano (aka Goose) back on the board.  He really isn't a bad guy.  He challenges us to think or re-think our positions on issues sometimes, and for sure he's not afraid to voice his opinions, but I don't see that as a negative.  I know you are a sensitive guy, CT, and I get how he may rub some of us the wrong way, but if we stick to challenging and focusing on ideas we can all learn from each other.  If we all thought alike and saw things the same way, it would be a boring world.

Besides, he kicks off many topic starters that we can choose or not choose to jump into the conversation.  From my perspective, that keeps the board lively and interesting.  I guess since I spent 33 years of my life in rooms full of 16, 17, and 18 year-olds, there is little that can be said to or about me today that would get me worked up. 

4/28/2016 11:15 am  #23

Fred, he isn't back on the board and until the administration tells me otherwise he won't be.

If you'd like to see some of the abuse he was sending to me, let me know.

"Sensitive" has nothing to do with it.

He just flatly refuses to grow up.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

4/28/2016 12:59 pm  #24

Please let Goose back on. I'll take full responsibility for his actions and boot him myself if I think he's trolling, being disruptive, or otherwise negatively affecting the board. 

Thanks,

Lager

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/28/2016 1:57 pm  #25

I agree with Lager on this, CT.  And, my comment about you being a sensitive human being was meant to be a compliment.  You have a talent for writing and demonstrating insight into the human condition.  We could use alot more of that in this world.

4/28/2016 1:58 pm  #26

Got it, thanks.

Will he be posting under his primary account or should I unblock one of the others?

-Me again

4/28/2016 1:58 pm  #27

And Fred, sorry for snapping at you but those are the exact words he used in his latest abusive PM.

-Me again

4/29/2016 12:02 pm  #28

Let's try this again.

Thanks to Lager for his patience.
Thanks to Fred for his kind words.
Thanks to Bradybunch for his thoughtful comments. I have heard both those  complimentary and those critical.

I can assure Lager that I will be unfailingly polite here. I am outspoken, but I will also attempt to be more diplomatic.
I have a much different style than do many who visit here. I am a contrarian by nature. I tend to question the prevailing winds of opinion. I am also very interested in understanding how people think and how they come to believe the things that they believe - how I came to believe the things I believe. I like to look at an argument from a different viewpoint and see how it holds up. I like to kick the tires and look under the hood. So, because of this I challenge arguments. I ask for data. I speak frankly when I don't think that the reasoning holds up.

Don't take it personally. It's just who I am. I've seen the morsel in peace proverb tossed around here, and come to the conclusion that I'm just not a morsel kind of guy. I'd like to do more than pass time in a discussion group, and to learn what I can. I want the feast. Sometimes it's messy. And it isn't for everyone. But I am not trying to be disruptive.

"When I was 19 grandpa took me on a roller coaster. Up, down, what a ride!
I always wanted to go again. It was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so excited, and so thrilled all together.
Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it."

But, I will be more diplomatic in the future.

Last edited by Goose (4/29/2016 12:05 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/29/2016 12:21 pm  #29

Good to have you back buddy. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/29/2016 12:27 pm  #30

Joey wrote:

I'll chime in and say hi as well! I have gravitated to lurker mode in most respects, but haven't visited in a while due to my nasty habit of forgetting passwords and losing links.

Sorry not sorry to see I missed some old school drama, but I had no popcorn available anyway.

I'm still living in SC and shaking my head at the political climate down here. Enough so that I have abandoned the last remaining vestige of any conservative leanings. *gasp*
Hope all is well with everyone!

Good to see you poking your head in Joey! 

Your facebook post about your mom's recent doctor's appointment was literally one of the funniest things I've read all year. I hope you and she continue to hang in there. 

Board footera