The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2016 11:22 am  #1

Hi gang!!!

Hi all!!

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've had a new client at work who has been running me ragged since February. And on top of that, it's softball season and I'm coaching my daughter's team and I'm the commissioner of her township league, and the co-commissioner of her travel team, and on the board of directors of her softball organization. 

In short, I'm an idiot who had over-extended himself. My days since early March have been spoken for from about 6 in the morning until 9 at night. 

And when you think about it, what have I really missed over the past month or so. Just a major presidential primary, a terror attack in Belgium, a SCOTUS nominee, and a surprisingly decent start to the Phillies season. Really, what's there to talk about?!

Anyway, I see our old friend Goose has been causing a little mayhem. Thank you to CT for monitoring and handling the issues that have come up.

I actually received a nice e-mail from Goose the other day. I certainly wouldn't attempt to speak for him, but there is the potential for a reconciliation. I told him that if he wanted me to unblock him and if he could make peace with the board, he is more than welcome back. But that was up to him and to all of you.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in with everyone. Hope everyone is doing ok. And for the record, with Pennsylvania primary just a week and a half away, my heart is with Bernie, my brain is with Hillary, but my soul wishes I would have switched to the GOP and thrown a vote to Kasich.

Love you guys,

The Lager Lad 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/15/2016 12:28 pm  #2

Re: Hi gang!!!

Hey Lager, welcome back! 

I replied to Goose's first post saying I'd like to see him back but he needed to get the anger under control and stop picking fights.

Every post was anger or picking fights and two people complained about his avatar (Goose from Top Gun giving everyone the finger)

I'm not sure it was proper to delete the accounts he was using to get back on the board but if you'd seen them...well I don't know if reconciliation is even possible.  If you'd seen the posts I think you'd agree.

I was the primary target even though I'd never done anything to deserve hate mail and abusive posts.

I can forward the mail if you'd like to see them.  I didn't see any way to store the posts he was making so they went when I removed him from the board.

I know it's your board but if you were putting it to a vote mine would be no.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/15/2016 1:23 pm  #3

Agree about Goose.  When he was being a non-Goose he was nice to have around and offered tasty tidbits and more which I always enjoyed reading.  I never understood that anger in him that surfaced some days and his need to pick fights with some Exchangers.  We all have bad days but when your bad days become as frequent as his did there is a problem the Exchange can do without.

4/16/2016 10:45 am  #4

I have no problem with Goose posting here.  Whatever he writes I can ignore, and I usually do. I personally don't believe Goose ever contributed anything of much value or intelligence, but that's my opinion, others may see it differently and that's fine.  I have a problem with Goose being a moderator.  When he was a moderator, he would delete posts simply because they disagreed with his stance and challenged his thinking, and while doing that he would insult the person who disagreed with him and call them names.  You can't have that if you want a good forum.

4/16/2016 11:33 am  #5

Lager, 

Was wondering were you were. Glad to see you back even for awhile. Your stage of life can be super demanding for your time and as a result super stressful. First of all be good to yourself and your family. Everything else can wait. 

As far as Goose goes, I thought Tarnation in another thread put it well. 

I miss the recipes and culinary discussions, but I am reminded of the Proverb:

Better a morsel in peace than feasting where there is strife.

Last edited by tennyson (4/16/2016 11:34 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/17/2016 8:24 am  #6

Just got back from week on the Gulf Coast and thought I'd check in.  Anyway, I miss Goose in that he kicked off many topic starters and stayed engaged.  Most of time he challenged ideas with his own perspective.  When I responded to something I may have disagreed with him on or saw something from a different point-of-view, I would challenge the position, not the person.  Ignore anything you feel is a personal attack, stick to that approach and real conversation can happen.

I say bring him back if he wants to join in again.

4/17/2016 5:40 pm  #7

Just got back from taking the family to visit the big mouse by Orlando.

Goose was very good at starting topics and being involved in the forum.  However, I think the reason many people didn't stay engaged is because of the attacks he engaged in with those who disagreed with him.  I know I personally stayed away from many topics because it just wasn't worth it.

When someone like Goose is constantly trying to reduce every discussion with certain posters into a personal attack, it is really difficult to ignore it.

If Lager decides to bring him back the group to discuss topics, I'm sure some ground rules would be laid down.

I know he thinks I dislike him, but when he wasn't attacking people, I enjoyed reading his posts and discussing topics with him

4/17/2016 6:00 pm  #8

Free the Goose!  He's an interesting person.  We all are! 

BTW, anyone else feelin' the Bern?

4/18/2016 7:05 am  #9

I quite miss Goose too....when he wasn't just hurling rage at others.

His latest activity was attacking me for being a moderator.  Why?

His sole purpose was to disrupt and abuse.  Honestly, I was going to overlook that first post.  I had said in my reply that I was glad to see him back but he needed to get the anger under control and stop picking fights.

Every subsequent post was one or the other, not to mention the PM's he was sending to me.

Again, I'm not thrilled with him being here with all of that rage.  I'm not sure how you're corresponding with him but if you can get him to understand what he's doing, that it brings nothing to this forum, it would be great to see him back.

I actually considered him a friend.  I would turn to him to have my spirits lifted on bad days and he never failed to make me smile.

And then he turned on me.

Why?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/21/2016 2:37 pm  #10

WELCOME Back Lager! Good to hear from you.

I am still out West and enjoying every minute seeing new sights. Once back I will start posting on a
regular basis.

As far as Goose posting again? Why would we expect anything to change as far as his behavior?
No thank you! The New Exchange has been much more civil since he left. I don't think anyone can disagree with that. Just look at the vile and nasty attacks recently?  All out attack on CT? Why?I would vote a strong NO for the return of the nasty stuff from him.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera