The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2015 7:18 am  #21

Re: Welcome to Boardhost!

Glad to have you join again Tropical.  Maybe you could get a couple of of Georgians to join in, too!

Last edited by Just Fred (2/01/2015 8:20 am)

2/01/2015 7:19 am  #22

And a big welcome to IntroV, too!

2/01/2015 7:41 am  #23

Just Fred wrote:

Glad to have you join again Tropical.  Maybe you could get a couple of of Georgians to jpin in, too!

We should appoint Tropical as our Senior Southern Correspondent!
Yea, spread the word to our friends down south.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/01/2015 9:30 am  #24

Hey, gang, all I want to do is transfer my avatar from the old exchnge to the new one.  How do I do that?

2/01/2015 10:18 am  #25

Go to your Exchange profile.  Right click on your avatar.  Click on "properties".

You will see a box with a web address for your avatar.

This is important::  HIghlight everything up to and including where it says .jpeg or .gif.

Press control C to buffer what you highlighted into memory.

Go to your profile on the New Exhange.  Click on Add Avatar.  Click in the box where it's asking for a web address and press control V.

Once you click submit or okay...don't quite remember what the label said, your avatar should show up in your new profile.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/01/2015 10:58 am  #26

I tried that, CT, but when I right click on my avatar, there is no "properties" that shows up to click on.  What's the deal?  I must admit I am not a computer whiz.

2/01/2015 11:46 am  #27

Well... yes, and here we go again.
    --- Hunter Thompson

2/01/2015 3:11 pm  #28

Sorry Fred, the correct menu item is "Copy image URL".

When you paste that in here you need to delete from right to left, everything up to the end of .gif or .jpg or .jpeg depending on what format your avatar at the old exchange is.

If you're not sure, copy the entire URL from the old exchange and paste it into a post.

I can edit it then repost it so you can paste it in to your avatar screen

Last edited by Conspiracy Theory (2/01/2015 3:14 pm)

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/02/2015 2:43 pm  #29

Ok, CT, it's official ............. I'm a complete idiot and I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer my old exchange avatar to the new exchange.  I followed your outline and when I click on my avatar, the url for that image does not come up.  I don't know what else to do except that I'll have to be the dull, avatarless member of the New Exchange.  Rats!

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  I did it.  Took awhile, but I did it all by myself.  I feel like Tom Hanks in the movie "Castaway" when he made fire for the first time.  If you saw the movie, you know what I mean.

Last edited by Just Fred (2/02/2015 4:18 pm)

2/02/2015 8:42 pm  #30

FYI:  Our resident historian, JimmyBear, literally had the "last word" and final post on the old Exchange before the 2 PM lockdown.....and a very fitting final word at that.

"God be with you 'til we meet again
Keep His banners flowing o'er you
Smite Death's threatn'ng wave before you
God be with you 'til we meet again."

Well done, good and faithful servant!

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera