The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2016 11:28 am  #11

Re: Organizational Changes

Brady Bunch wrote:

In case nobody else has noticed, it appears one of the posters is upset with the recent "organizational changes" and over the past several days has been going back into recent posts and either deleting them (while he still had moderator capabilities) or editing them to remove/alter what they said so that it makes the post and thread meaningless.

There is no other way to describe this except as childish, petulant behavior by someone who didn't get his way.  If I remember correctly, this also happened on the old Exchange as well by the same poster at one point.

Is there anything that can be done to stop this?  Otherwise numerous threads will be rendered a complicated mess and lose meaning as posts are being or deleted.

I can't say I'm surprised.  The most outspoken Trump detractor on here also behaves the most like Trump in real life.  What a shocker.

3/06/2016 12:11 pm  #12

A whole bunch of Threads screwed up because ......................

He lost his magic button to delete posts he did not like! 

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/06/2016 12:15 pm  #13

Spare me the phony outrage, boys. I didn't touch anyone else's contributions but my own, in the cooking, History and travel areas.(And since you have such a low opinion of me, that should improve the exchange. No?)

The material in question has been sitting there for ages, with only a handful of views, and in many cases no responses. So, clearly it was of no interest to, or beyond the understanding of odious creatures like the man or undereducated knuckle draggers like common sense
So, I'm taking it to a smarter audience.

I am happy to share my experiences with friends, but am under no obligation to share with those who are not.
My writing involves a fair amount of research, and I consider it to be my intellectual property.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 12:17 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/06/2016 12:17 pm  #14

Goose wrote:

Spare me the phony outrage, boys. I didn't touch anyone else's contributions but my own, in the cooking, History and travel areas.(And since you have such a low opinion of me, that should improve the exchange. No?)

The material in question has been sitting there for ages, with only a handful of views, and in many cases no responses. So, clearly it was of no interest to, or beyond the understanding of odious creatures like the man or undereducated knuckle draggers like common sense.
I am happy to share my experiences with friends, but am under no obligation to share with those who are not.
My writing involves a fair amount of research, and I consider it to be my intellectual property.

Have a nice day.

Name dropping huh? Spare us.  You need a brain before you can have intellectual property.  Work on it.

3/06/2016 12:22 pm  #15

As a point of clarification, you also deleted/edited plenty of posts in the Politics and National News sections as well.

For example, in National News under the "Chris Christie" thread you edited your original post to now say "=16.25px]"  In Politics under the "Five Big Questions After a Vulgar Republican Debate" you edited your original post to say "wqqq"

Last edited by Brady Bunch (3/06/2016 12:30 pm)

3/06/2016 1:38 pm  #16

Not many. And, I touched no one else's comments. My writing is my work product which was shared with the new exchange with my permission. I now revoke my permission.

As I noted earlier,  Brady, since you have such disdain for me, less of my content should be a good thing.

Another point of clarification, Brady. I am not "upset with the recent "organizational changes" ",  as you erroneously wrote. Lager and Tarnation are the administrators. They can appoint or remove moderators at their pleasure. But, there is a way that such things are done which shows respect for the individual. Lager should have sent me a PM telling me that it wasn't working out, and that he felt that he needed to make a change. That would have been the decent thing to do. But, he did not. I got no notification of this change. I found out when you did. I got no post "change" message of thanks for trying to do the job. Nada.

Now, you may not like me, but I have made a significant contribution to the board over the past year, especially in the cooking, history, travel, and religion areas. It involved more than a little effort and time in research, reading and writing.  I think that I rated some consideration from the administrators which I did not receive. That is my issue. 

Anyway, I'm moving on now.
Good-bye, and
Bless your hearts.

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 2:43 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/06/2016 5:50 pm  #17

Good luck Goose, I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

3/06/2016 5:51 pm  #18

Brady Bunch wrote:

As a point of clarification, you also deleted/edited plenty of posts in the Politics and National News sections as well.

For example, in National News under the "Chris Christie" thread you edited your original post to now say "=16.25px]"  In Politics under the "Five Big Questions After a Vulgar Republican Debate" you edited your original post to say "wqqq"

Maybe that is material that we have to now have a paid subscription for the privilege to enjoy? After all, countless hours did go into research before it was posted.  Who wouldn't want to pay to read it?

3/07/2016 8:09 am  #19

Time to let this go now.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/07/2016 8:42 am  #20

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Time to let this go now.

Agreed. 

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.

Denis Waitley

Last edited by tennyson (3/07/2016 8:42 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera