The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2015 10:43 am  #11

Re: Great Horned Owl Cam

Watching the owl cam this morning the two chicks were quite active, then snuggled up against momma.  There's large critter lying in the nest, maybe a rat, to be ingested but when I was watching it was still intact but very dead.

2/24/2015 8:39 am  #12

She keeps a messy nest.  LOL

2/24/2015 11:17 am  #13

Yes, she does.  She and I could never live under the same roof!  Errr nest. 

2/27/2015 2:45 pm  #14

In the owl's nest it looks like two dead fowl of some kind.  Are they older owl chicks, young chickens or another kind of bird?  They were not in the nest last night or this morning.  The owl chicks are okay.

2/27/2015 4:45 pm  #15

They do eat other birds.

2/27/2015 6:51 pm  #16

I just checked.  The mother is gone and the two chicks are huddled together.  They are alive and look well.  The nest looks a mess.  I can't tell what is in it.

2/27/2015 11:19 pm  #17

I've been watching off & on tonight and the chicks are still huddled and alone.  The two dead birds of some kind were on the right side of the nest and they both are gone.  I posted a comment on the sight tonight about the chicks being alone for so long and a woman replied that this is normal, that momma has her eyes on the owlets.  She probably knows what she's talking about since she called them owlets!

2/28/2015 9:28 am  #18

Momma is back with the babies this morning.  All looks well.

Maybe we should stop worrying about these birds.  LOL

Board footera