The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2015 8:00 am  #1

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai: Net Neutrality

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai: Net Neutrality is a "Solution That Won't Work to a Problem That Doesn't Exist"
http://reason.com/archives/2015/02/25/fccs-ajit-pai-on-net-neutrality-a-soluti/

"He is also sharply critical of President Barack Obama's very public push to influence policy at the FCC, which is technically an independent agency. Last year, it was widely believed that Wheeler, a former head of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association, would not push for Title II. Pai calls the president's actions—which included "creating a YouTube video of with very specific prescriptions as to what this agency should do"—unprecedented in his experience. Coupled with the fact that "the agency suddenly chang[ed]course from where it was to mimic the president’s plan," says Pai, "suggests that the independence of the agency has been compromised to some extent."

Last edited by Common Sense (2/26/2015 8:01 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/26/2015 8:28 am  #2

Re: FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai: Net Neutrality

Common Sense wrote:

FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai: Net Neutrality is a "Solution That Won't Work to a Problem That Doesn't Exist"
http://reason.com/archives/2015/02/25/fccs-ajit-pai-on-net-neutrality-a-soluti/

"He is also sharply critical of President Barack Obama's very public push to influence policy at the FCC, which is technically an independent agency. Last year, it was widely believed that Wheeler, a former head of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association, would not push for Title II. Pai calls the president's actions—which included "creating a YouTube video of with very specific prescriptions as to what this agency should do"—unprecedented in his experience. Coupled with the fact that "the agency suddenly chang[ed]course from where it was to mimic the president’s plan," says Pai, "suggests that the independence of the agency has been compromised to some extent."

Come on. The FCC has always been influenced to some extent the past administrations as well simply because the commissioners are chosen by the executive branch. Remember during the GWB administration when Colin Powell's son was on the commission and theres was this huge push for censorship of TV and radio due to the Janet Jackson Super Bowl halftime performance?

Net Nuetrality is a good, needed thing and if you use the internet you should be 100% for it.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/26/2015 8:35 am  #3

Let me just say one other thing about the new FCC regs on Net Neutrality.

For the first time in a very long time, I feel like the "people" beat back Washington, D.C..

The FCC received 4 million comments from the public regarding net neutrality. And it wasn't a liberal or conservative majority, but everyone just in plain and simple agreement that a free and open internet is best for business, for speech, for democracy, for information. And we shuoldn't allow for a couple of very powerful internet provders to set the rules for how we send and receive information. The people should decide.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/26/2015 8:57 am  #4

TheLagerLad wrote:

Let me just say one other thing about the new FCC regs on Net Neutrality.

For the first time in a very long time, I feel like the "people" beat back Washington, D.C..

The FCC received 4 million comments from the public regarding net neutrality. And it wasn't a liberal or conservative majority, but everyone just in plain and simple agreement that a free and open internet is best for business, for speech, for democracy, for information. And we shuoldn't allow for a couple of very powerful internet provders to set the rules for how we send and receive information. The people should decide.

TOTALLY agree ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera