The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2016 3:35 pm  #11

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEW EXCHANGE

I wonder how old Darkstar is doing?

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/29/2016 4:23 pm  #12

Goose wrote:

TheLagerLad wrote:

I wonder how old Darkstar is doing?

I think he's working for Ben Carson.

Ha Ha. I can only imagine there's one house in York County that has somewhere along the lines of 65-70 Trump for President signs on their front lawn and I promise you that house is owned by Darkstar

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/29/2016 6:44 pm  #13

Common Sense wrote:

Just Fred wrote:

Good job Lager!  I still remember those Gary Sutton days when we sparred with him on radio and tv.  Good times!  As an aside, where is he now? 

Gary Sutton 910 WSBA

http://www.wsba910.com/shows/gary-sutton/

Weekdays 9 'til Noon....just heard him this morning.

Life is an Orthros.

1/30/2016 10:56 am  #14

I say we make it more Exchangier

1/30/2016 4:51 pm  #15

I like the 'New Exchange' overall, although I don't know anything about the 'Old Exchange' to compare the two.  It would be nice to see more posters, though I know there isn't much anyone can do about that, being completely word of mouth with no advertising.

Nice job LagerLad, and thanks for the forum! 

Last edited by The Man (1/30/2016 5:59 pm)

1/31/2016 10:15 am  #16

WOW!  Thanks for the stats.  Not what I would have expected considering the political posts nearly every day.  Glad to see Exchangers' interests are not all one dimensional.

1/31/2016 2:33 pm  #17

CT's stream of consciousness posts are brilliantly transparent; and by glimpsing the inner workings of his mind most readers can find at least one or more points of connection, perhaps many points of connection.

He is, in one grand sense, "everyman". 

And we are blessed to know him.

Life is an Orthros.

2/01/2016 3:39 pm  #18

Wow, thanks everyone.

It feels odd to be interesting.  Always considered myself an introvert. 

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/06/2016 4:06 pm  #19

Most introverts I know - myself included - are deep thinkers and dreamers, and are happiest when they have an outlet. This Exchange is just that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2/06/2016 8:18 pm  #20

Many introverts, and many people on the autistic spectrum--two distinct groups, but with some overlap--find face to face conversation difficult, even painful.   Some avoid it at all costs.

In an earlier age, like the 19th century, they flourished through the art of letter writing.   Improved transportation and communication pushed written communication to the background.

Now what was old has become new.   The Internet has reopened a door for people who,  though shy in person and awkward in speech, have a torrent of thoughts to share.

I am thankful that the New Exchange can be such a portal.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera