The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2015 6:07 am  #1

Bruschetta

Brusc

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 5:58 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/16/2015 6:26 am  #2

Re: Bruschetta

Well timed post!

This season, for the first time, I have filled an 18 x 18 Rubbermade planter with herbs, just a couple of steps from the kitchen door.  One each of dill, basil, orgegano, parsley, and celantro.  The basil plant is getting quite large and just minutes ago I was pinching back the buds thinking "where can I find a recipe to start using this?"

Life is an Orthros.

6/16/2015 6:39 am  #3

I'm thinking that any of those herbs, with the possible exception of the dill,  could find a nice home on your bruschetta!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/16/2015 7:19 am  #4

Personally, I've never met a bruschetta I didn't like.  In the end, it's all about using fresh ingredients, a quality bread, and toasted/grilled perfectly.

BTW, I cringe when people pronounce the word 'bruschetta' using the 'ch' sound as in the word 'church' instead of the hard 'c' as in the word 'cat'.  Just a little pet peeve of mine.

6/16/2015 12:23 pm  #5

I like your #1, Goose, made on chibatta and with mozzarella cheese added on top.

6/16/2015 1:04 pm  #6

flowergirl wrote:

I like your #1, Goose, made on chibatta and with mozzarella cheese added on top.

That would be like a caprese salad on toasted bread.
Very tasty! 

Board footera