The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2015 1:10 pm  #1

Can someone just invent a freakin' teleporter already......

These guys, am I right?

Lager Note: Apparently, the NYT won't let you copy and paste some content of their site any longer. Did not know that. Anyway, the story is about how the airlines are going to require smaller bags if you want to carry luggage onto a place..

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

6/10/2015 3:45 pm  #2

Re: Can someone just invent a freakin' teleporter already......

I heard that report on the news last night and if I heard right the smaller size bags shrink only by fractions of inches.  It seemed like a lot of uproar over nothing.  Then again--maybe the luggage manufacturers are jumping with joy! 

6/10/2015 3:57 pm  #3

Then again--maybe the luggage manufacturers are jumping with joy! 

Touchdown, flowergirl! 

6/10/2015 4:11 pm  #4

I havent't flown in a couple of years but I used to hate the jerks that would bring oversize luggage onboard and stuff it into the overhead bins. In certain respects I wish planes did NOT HAVE those things. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

6/10/2015 4:39 pm  #5

As of now, the new dimensions are merely "guidelines". It is not known when some airlines may start enforcing the new dimensions. What the airlines should start enforcing is making people who stash their briefcase, coats, shopping bags, handbags, laptop cases, and dirty laundry bags (yes, I've witnesses this) from cramming them in the overhead bins when they are supposed to put that stuff under the seat in front of them. If they did this, there would be more room in the overhead bins for carry on luggage.

Aside from that, I think the airlines are just looking for more fees to jam down their customer's throats.

"Oops, that bag exceeds the new dimensional regulations . . . You'll have to check that bag . . . That'll be an additional $35 . . . sorry!"

That's why I fly Southwest whenever I can. No fees for checked bags. Even to go skiing out in Utah. Ski bag, boot bag, one bag with clothes all checked for one person, no charge.

6/10/2015 4:41 pm  #6

Tenny has a point.  I fly maybe 4 or 5 times a year, and I can tell you from my experience, if the attendents would just enforce the rules they already have in place, there wouldn't be a problem.  I've never seen anyone actually measure the carry-ons, and trust me, many, many wouldn't pass the restrictions already in place.

Secondly, as many planes have been retro-fitted to jam more seats into the plane, nothing was done to increase the number of overhead bins. 

Last edited by Just Fred (6/10/2015 4:42 pm)

6/10/2015 6:07 pm  #7

Just Fred wrote:

Tenny has a point.  I fly maybe 4 or 5 times a year, and I can tell you from my experience, if the attendents would just enforce the rules they already have in place, there wouldn't be a problem.  I've never seen anyone actually measure the carry-ons, and trust me, many, many wouldn't pass the restrictions already in place.

Word. They let some passengers get away with murder.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/11/2015 2:14 pm  #8

IMO air travel is just an overpriced Greyhound ride.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

6/11/2015 5:24 pm  #9

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

IMO air travel is just an overpriced Greyhound ride.

....but don't forget the TSA groping.

Greyhound:  Keep your bod on the ground and your shoes on your feet.

Life is an Orthros.

8/15/2015 7:44 pm  #10

CRAP!!! It looks like now they're going to weigh passengers before boarding!!! There goes my air travel! They can't handle this Fox's booty!!!

Board footera