The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/18/2018 5:43 am  #1

MISSOURI REPUBLICAN WHO SAID ‘HITLER WAS RIGHT’ WINS PRIMARY

MISSOURI REPUBLICAN WHO SAID ‘HITLER WAS RIGHT’ WINS STATE HOUSE PRIMARY

“Jewish people can be beautiful people, but there’s ideologies associated with that that I don’t agree with...Jews today are a remnant of the tribe of Judah that rejected Christ.”

A Missouri Republican who has made anti-Semitic and other bigoted statements handily won a primary for the state’s House of Representatives.

Steve West, who promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on a radio show he hosts, defeated three other candidates Tuesday in the bid for a seat representing Clay County. He won with 49.5 percent of the vote; the second-place finisher had 24.4 percent.

A Missouri Republican who has made anti-Semitic and other bigoted statements handily won a primary for the state’s House of Representatives.

Steve West, who promotes anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on a radio show he hosts, defeated three other candidates Tuesday in the bid for a seat representing Clay County. He won with 49.5 percent of the vote; the second-place finisher had 24.4 percent.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page. 

“Looking back in history, unfortunately, Hitler was right about what was taking place in Germany. And who was behind it,” West said on KCXL radio in January 2017, The Kansas City Star reported Thursday.

He has spoken of “Jewish cabals” that are “harvesting baby parts” from Planned Parenthood, abuse children and control the Republican Party. West also has a YouTube channel on which he has made homophobic, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic and racist statements, according to The Star.

West will face Democratic incumbent Jon Carpenter in November.

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/Missouri-Republican-who-said-Hitler-was-right-wins-state-House-primary-564637?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/18/2018 5:50 am  #2

Re: MISSOURI REPUBLICAN WHO SAID ‘HITLER WAS RIGHT’ WINS PRIMARY

On Thursday, the Missouri Republican Party denounced West’s “shocking and vile” comments.

“West’s abhorrent rhetoric has absolutely no place in the Missouri Republican Party"

I'm sorry, but this man won 49.5%  of the district's vote in a REPUBLICAN PRIMARY.
The sad truth is antisemitism, racism, and sympathy for Hitler DOES have a place in the Republican party.
Denying that sad fact serves no one.

I'm not saying that every republican is a white nationalist. 
Obviously. So just don't go there.

But, the truth is that the republican party does harbor a large number of racists.

Last edited by Goose (8/18/2018 5:56 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/18/2018 8:23 am  #3

I doubt that even one percent of those voting for West ever read Inside the Third Reich.

Only the most twisted of souls could read that book and still support Hitler.

Life is an Orthros.

8/18/2018 12:06 pm  #4

BOTH the man and the people who voted for him do not belong in America. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/18/2018 4:04 pm  #5

I'm not one to pine for an idealized past.
But, I have to agree with those people who want to make America great again on one thing.
I yearn for the good old days,,,,,, you know, that time when all Americans could pretty much agree that Hitler was a monster, and that we should beware of ex-KGB agents.

Perhaps Tarnation is right. Only mass ignorance of history could allow someone to support Hitler and yet still win a primary. They can't actually know about the horror, and not care.

Or, could they?   

Last edited by Goose (8/18/2018 4:09 pm)

8/18/2018 10:37 pm  #6

They could be filled with such prideful hubris that they create delusions that they--in their dluisional alleged moral superiority--could bring about their imagined "good" of the Third Reich (or Stalanism) with none of its evils.

Life is an Orthros.

8/19/2018 6:18 am  #7

I think that some people get so in love with the 'righteousness' of their group and consumed with hatred of the Other (Other race, other religion, Other political ideology) that they dehumanize them.
And, of course they won't get carried away like others in the past have, because they are soooo good.

I also wonder about our coarsened culture. After a generation of talk radio and cable,,,,, of Limbaugh and Coulter,,,, some people have seen that the way to get attention is to give in to the dark side, and to say outrageous things.

Unlike the past, saying outrageous things no longer disqualifies you in the eyes of others. Heck, their heroes in media have become multi-millionaires by doing it.

Here's another:

‘You are animals who disgust me’: A school board candidate’s history of racist Facebook posts

Richard Jankowski used Facebook to spew plenty of race-based vitriol — against former president Barack Obama, NBA player LeBron James or anyone supporting affirmative action — but in August 2014, as protesters poured into the streets over the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., Janowski boiled over.

“You g—–n animals in Missouri make me sick!” he typed in the public post originally reported by the New Jersey Globe, a political reporting site. “Another black criminal gets killed after assaulting a white cop and you pieces of s–t want justice? You are not Americans, you are animals who disgust me.”

.time to start firing bullets into these f—–g monkeys and send them to their graves.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2018/08/18/you-are-animals-disgust-me-a-school-board-candidates-history-of-racist-facebook-posts/?utm_term=.a5341a547e96

Of course, these hateful people are always with us. They are always going to be with us.
The question for our time is why they seem to feel so empowered to express their hate, and why they can do it with such lack of negative consequences?
Is hate on the rise?
Is the hate that's always been there just get spread more widely because of technology?

Last edited by Goose (8/19/2018 6:20 am)

8/19/2018 8:33 pm  #8

Bookmark for later.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera