The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2018 12:21 pm  #1

Trump Wants Americans to “Sit Up in Attention” When He Talks Too

Jealous of Kim, Trump Wants Americans to “Sit Up in Attention” When He Talks Too

Vague pledges of denuclearization and a disturbing military salute aren’t the only eyebrow-raising results to have emerged from President Donald Trump’s summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un earlier this week.

The high-stakes meeting is apparently now serving as inspiration for Trump, who told Fox News’ Steve Doocy outside the White House Friday morning that he desires the same brand of dictatorial effect Kim has on repressed North Korean citizens. In detailing his envy, Trump described Americans as “my people”—a signal the president may already be attempting to emulate Kim, one of the world’s most notorious dictators.

“He’s the head of a country, and I mean he’s the strong head—don’t let anyone think anything different,” Trump said while floating the possibility that Kim could be invited to the White House soon. “He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.”

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/15/2018 12:23 pm  #2

Re: Trump Wants Americans to “Sit Up in Attention” When He Talks Too

200.gif

Last edited by Goose (6/15/2018 12:25 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera