The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2018 3:38 pm  #1

Ryan: ‘I haven’t paid close attention’ to Pruitt scandals

Is it acceptable for a Congressman to be so afraid of taking a stand that he pretends to know less about what's going on in his government than anybody in the country who reads a newspaper?

Poor Paul was born a few decades too late. He would have made a crackerjack clerk in Vichy France.

Feckless toad. 

Ryan: ‘I haven’t paid close attention’ to Pruitt scandals

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) declined to comment Thursday on the ongoing scandals surrounding Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) chief Scott Pruitt, saying he wasn’t familiar enough with them.

Asked at his weekly Capitol news conference whether he still has confidence in the embattled EPA chief amid the controversies, Ryan responded, “Frankly, I haven’t paid that close attention to them.”

Ryan added that he’s pleased with the deregulatory agenda Pruitt has carried out at the EPA, but wasn’t following the alleged violations of ethics rules and excessive spending by Pruitt.

“I don't know enough about what Pruitt has or has not done to give you a good comment,” he said.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/14/2018 5:47 pm  #2

Re: Ryan: ‘I haven’t paid close attention’ to Pruitt scandals

Hey, Paul!  Paying attention to what's going in front of you really isn't your strong suit is it?

6/14/2018 9:10 pm  #3

Re: Ryan: ‘I haven’t paid close attention’ to Pruitt scandals

He must live in a cave ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera