The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2018 10:12 am  #1

Who Are Diamond and Silk? A Look at 2 Pro-Trump Social Media Stars

I have to confess having only the vaguest idea who these woman are. So, I looked at some of their video clips on the internet,,,,,,,,, I wondered, is there something special there? Some keen insights?
Nope.

I don't see what the fuss is about. It's just two people screaming at a camera.
Pretty standard America 2018.

Who Are Diamond and Silk? A Look at 2 Pro-Trump Social Media Stars

They have feuded with Facebook, been defended by Senator Ted Cruz and were mentioned by Mark Zuckerberg in remarks before Congress. They are Diamond and Silk.

Diamond and Silk are African-American sisters, Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson, who became known during the 2016 presidential campaign for their unwavering support of Donald J. Trump.

They found a new audience this week when Republican lawmakers pressed Mr. Zuckerberg, the Facebook chief executive, on the sisters’ accusation that the social media giant was discriminating against them for their beliefs. (The company says that is not true.)

Here is a brief guide to Diamond and Silk and their troubles with Facebook.

How did they become internet-famous?
Ms. Hardaway, or Diamond, and Ms. Richardson, or Silk, became known in conservative circles for their social media videos, which heap praise on Mr. Trump and launch sometimes racially tinged attacks on his critics, like calling the Democratic Party “a plantation” and Hillary Clinton “a slave master.”

Their commentary continued after the election. They attacked Democrats in a video interview with the National Rifle Association, described the removal of Confederate statues as a liberal plot “to erase history,” and encouraged Mr. Trump to fire Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel investigating Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

They have over 650,000 followers on Twitter, 1.5 million followers on Facebook and 140,000 subscribers on YouTube. They appear often on conservative news shows. In one appearance on “Fox & Friends,” Diamond told viewers, “Trump is not a racist, he is a realist.”

They also sell Trump merchandise on their website and have embarked on a speaking tour that offers fans the chance to see them live for $50 a ticket (or $150 if you would like to take a picture with them and eat hors d’oeuvres).

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/14/us/politics/diamond-silk-facebook.html

Last edited by Goose (4/15/2018 10:13 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/15/2018 10:51 am  #2

Re: Who Are Diamond and Silk? A Look at 2 Pro-Trump Social Media Stars

ALL about the $$$ ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera