The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/08/2015 12:28 pm  #11

Re: Hummingbirds

Might want to consider something I did, too, ladies.  I took one of those flycatcher strips and wound it around the pole about a foot from the ground.  The stuff is mega sticky and nothing, I mean nothing, ever climbed up the pole.  It lasted all summer.

6/08/2015 12:54 pm  #12

Good idea, Fred!

6/08/2015 9:41 pm  #13

Oh, yeah.  I wonder where to buy one.  I haven't seen those in stores for years.  I'll check Spangler's ACE hardware tomorrow when I'm in Dover.

6/09/2015 6:08 am  #14

I bought a couple at our True Value hardware store.  I would say Tractor Supply would have them, too.  In general, I would think any hardware store where Amish shop would carry them.  Like I said, when you unwrap a fly strip from the tube be aware they are very, very sticky.  I don't know what that stuff is, but wow, you could probably stick a small child to it.

Cut off a 6 or 8 inch piece and wrap it around the pole a few of times about a foot or so above the ground.

6/09/2015 7:51 am  #15

I wonder if the sticky strips could be used as a squirrel deterent for seed or suet feeders.  That could be amusing.....

6/09/2015 12:24 pm  #16

The fly sticky tapes came in box of 10 or 12 at Spangler's and I wouldn't use that many if I lived to 100.  I'll look elsewhere or go to Plan B.

6/09/2015 2:36 pm  #17

Ha!  Well, you could do what I did and hang some from your rafters in the attic and shine a light on them 24x7.  I must have whacked 1000+ stinkbugs on them since last fall.

6/09/2015 2:54 pm  #18

Try a farm supply store like The Mill . . . some place that sells livestock feed and stuff . . . they usually have the sticky flycatcher strips.

Board footera