The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2018 3:28 pm  #1

Getting to Know You,,,,,

Yeah, it was simply casual conversation with the guy who just fired your boss.
How about those Eagles?
Cold enough for ya?
Did you vote for me?

RNC chair: Question that disturbed FBI official was just Trump's casual conversation

Washington (CNN)The head of the Republican National Committee dismissed on Wednesday the significance of a Washington Post report that President Donald Trump asked the then-acting FBI director who he voted for in the 2016 election.

"I think it's just a conversation," Ronna McDaniel told CNN's "New Day." "I don't think it intends, you know, all of these terrible things that people are trying to put forward."

On Tuesday night, The Washington Post reported that Trump asked then-acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe who he voted for in the 2016 election in an introductory Oval Office meeting in May, not long after former FBI Director James Comey had been fired. McCabe reportedly responded by telling the President that he didn't vote.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/politics/ronna-romney-mcdaniel-andrew-mccabe-donald-trump-cnntv/index.html?sr=twCNNp012418ronna-romney-mcdaniel-andrew-mccabe-donald-trump-cnntv0902AMVODtop&CNNPolitics=Tw

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/25/2018 8:33 am  #2

Re: Getting to Know You,,,,,

I think the worst thing about this is how Trump could so easily be duped. 

So he asks his FBI guy if he voted for him. FBI guy says, "Oh yes, Mr. President. Not only did I vote for you, I also contributed $10,000 to a Super Pac that was supporting you."

The moron believes it and hands complete trust to a guy who may very well have any number of ulterior motives. 

Fortunately, by all accounts McCabe is a straight-shooter and honest, but what if he wasn't? Who know what someone with bad intentions could get away with in front of this guy simply by stroking his ego? 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/25/2018 8:54 am  #3

For Trump, loyalty is everything ............ real or imagined.

1/25/2018 10:13 am  #4

Every day you come to understand that his man has NO CONCEPT of being the POTUS of the entire United States population , or of separation of powers, or even of the basic concepts of the Constitution. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/25/2018 11:00 am  #5

tennyson wrote:

Every day you come to understand that his man has NO CONCEPT of being the POTUS of the entire United States population , or of separation of powers, or even of the basic concepts of the Constitution. 

True. Trump’s vision of himself is that of the Sun King, the center of all things.
“I am the State”

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera