The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2015 8:22 am  #21

Re: Brian Williams discharge

Thank you Fred for telling the answer to your question, it was driving me crazy late last night! I could not for the life of me figure out the answer. I didn't think of O'Reilly, but it doesn't surprise me. That was kind of the point I was trying to make earlier. Since when did we start punishing liars? Seems we decided to start now. I've seen and heard people in prominate positions lie on camera quite a few times and there never seemed to be any consequences. I guess that's what puzzles me.

Last edited by BYOB (2/12/2015 8:22 am)

2/14/2015 3:44 pm  #22

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/14/2015 6:40 pm  #23

So was Brian reporting made-up news?

Curiously, a right-wing talking point has already cropped up about HIllary Clinton's fabrication of the danger she was in when she visited Kosovo(?) in 1996.  So she wasn't shot at, who cares?  Why is this news?

And is everyone else dishing up the 'infotainment' telling the unvarnished truth?

Are there still people out there who don't realize that what they're being told isn't necessarily how things really are?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera