The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2017 8:09 pm  #21

Re: Poll: Majority says mainstream media publishes fake news

Common Sense wrote:

The election is 3 years away. President Regan had a mid 30's polling in January 1983. And he won in a landslide.
Trump has out maneuvered the opposition time after time. And he will continue to do that.  

The anti-Trump forces started RESIST before he was sworn in office. They have set the stage. An environment that President Trump thrives in. 

I agree that a lot can happen in 3 years and that cuts both ways for sure. 

I don't see however either Trump thriving as his polling numbers continue to basically remain low and nothing seems to be changing that. As far a outmaneuvering his opposition I don't see that either. He can't even maneuver WITHIN his OWN party successfully. 

So far other than signing EO's he has been pretty much of a failure in pursuing his agenda legislatively. 

IF mid-terms upset his majority in either house of Congress, he will be even further neutered. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/26/2017 5:07 am  #22

Re: Poll: Majority says mainstream media publishes fake news

By the way, let's take note of the elephant in the room.

Whatever failing one attributes to the liberal media, one surely recognizes that they have no parallel in the blatant propaganda of Fox News or Breitbart. The mainstream media is at least trying to be fair.

And even if the media's errors don’t balance out perfectly, they do run both ways. A week before the 2016 election, a New York Times headline announced, “Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia.” One can only imagine what conservatives would make of it had the paper committed an error of equal magnitude against a Republican nominee.

Finally, how much longer will Trumpers pretend that Fox is not part of the Mainstream media? The American media river has TWO main channels of flow. And Fox lives in it's own mainstream. And their track record is appallingly bad.

Last edited by Goose (10/26/2017 5:14 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera