The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2015 5:40 pm  #1

I Couldn't Do It, I Just Couldn't

This story caught my eye.  I started reading it.  I threw up in my mouth twice before I could finish it.  If any of you read the whole article, tell me how it ended.  Thanks.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0509/Jeb-Bush-at-Liberty-University-Why-presidential-hopefuls-court-Evangelicals

Last edited by Just Fred (5/09/2015 5:41 pm)

5/09/2015 5:57 pm  #2

Re: I Couldn't Do It, I Just Couldn't

“There is nothing more important for a politician than appearing to be religious.” 
― Niccolò Machiavelli

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/09/2015 7:15 pm  #3

Liberty U.--Jerry Falwell's old stomping grounds; the Moral Majority; Southern Baptist evangelists.  Couldn't miss there Jeb.

5/09/2015 7:19 pm  #4

Just Fred wrote:

This story caught my eye.  I started reading it.  I threw up in my mouth twice before I could finish it.  If any of you read the whole article, tell me how it ended.  Thanks.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0509/Jeb-Bush-at-Liberty-University-Why-presidential-hopefuls-court-Evangelicals

Seriously, I read the article and all it basically stated was Republican presidential candidates are fighting to attract evangelical voters.  Nothing radical here, unless you have a distaste for evangelicals and their beliefs

I don't really see how this is much different than when the Democrats try to court the far-left progressives in their party that don't follow party line.

5/09/2015 7:36 pm  #5

Brady Bunch wrote:

I don't really see how this is much different than when the Democrats try to court the far-left progressives in their party that don't follow party line.

'xactly.

With essentially one party rule by Republicrats and Democan (both competing for the "center" and frequently indistinguisable from each other) I actually find it refreshing to see a true conservative and/or a true liberal emerge.

Yes, maybe radical in their agenda.  But at least there is a clear cut choice instead of Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Life is an Orthros.

5/10/2015 4:51 am  #6

There probably isn't much difference in today's politics.
Which, sadly, is exactly the point.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/10/2015 6:26 am  #7

Nothing radical here, unless you have a distaste for evangelicals and their beliefs.

I don't.  At least they're honest.  It's the pandering dance politicians do to get you to vote for them and cross the goal line.

Board footera