The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2017 12:05 pm  #1

Trump adviser 'can't guarantee' taxes won't go up for middle class

Trump adviser 'can't guarantee' taxes won't go up for middle class

President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, Gary Cohn, said today that he can't guarantee that taxes won't go up for some middle-class families under the administration's sweeping tax overhaul.

"There's an exception to every rule," Cohn told ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview on "Good Morning America."

"I can't guarantee anything," said Cohn, the director of the White House Economic Council. "You can always find a unique family somewhere."

He said Trump's plan is "purely aimed at middle-class families." But Cohn acknowledged that "it depends which state you live in."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-adviser-guarantee-taxes-middle-class/story?id=50149729

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/28/2017 4:16 pm  #2

Re: Trump adviser 'can't guarantee' taxes won't go up for middle class

Swell ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

9/28/2017 9:51 pm  #3

My SALT deduction last year was over $17,000.00.

I don't think the lowered rates (which may or may not apply) and higher personal exemption/standard deduction will make up that difference.

i'm going to invest in some K-4.

Life is an Orthros.

9/30/2017 5:16 am  #4

Looks like any gain I get from decreased rates will be erased by the loss of deductions.
But, corporate rates will go down.
Awesome. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera