The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2017 5:32 pm  #1

Lancaster town hall on Property Tax Elimination 8 30 17

Still fighting the fight!

Lancaster town hall on Property Tax Elimination
The town hall in Lancaster (Pequea Valley High School) was a tremendous town hall with some excellent observations made by many. I've received some requests to share my comments from the town hall and this video is just that, my comments. The town hall ran for two hours and if I get a chance to encode the whole thing, I'll share that as well at a later date.

PCTA/SETRC:

The video below is about 7 minutes long and needs to be watched by everyone on this distribution. It was a presentation at the HB/SB 76 Lancaster town hall meeting on August 30 that was given by the PCTA Lebanon group’s Jim Rodkey.  It is full of truth and passion, and tells unequivocally the reason our legislation needs to be enacted.

Special interest groups have seen the strength of the 76 support and have ramped up their efforts to derail it.  Those lobbyists in attendance at the meeting were speechless at Jim’s presentation and had no effective response.  We are winning this!

Ten minutes of your time to call your State Representative and Senator is not much to ask and will help the effort.  Jim’s message will really help you see the importance of this legislation - long overdue, well considered, and ready now to implement.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

9/05/2017 9:16 am  #2

Re: Lancaster town hall on Property Tax Elimination 8 30 17

Rodkey makes an impassioned and well-thought out presentation.  However, what do we replace the lost revenue collected from property tax with?  I'm on board with eliminating, or reducing, property taxes so that some of things he mentioned don't happen, but I'd like to hear about some ways we can raise enough revenue to keep PA afloat.

I'd like to hear some answers.

9/06/2017 10:24 am  #3

Just Fred wrote:

Rodkey makes an impassioned and well-thought out presentation.  However, what do we replace the lost revenue collected from property tax with?  I'm on board with eliminating, or reducing, property taxes so that some of things he mentioned don't happen, but I'd like to hear about some ways we can raise enough revenue to keep PA afloat.

I'd like to hear some answers.

How about some corporation/education partnerships that include financial support from large corporations to support educational programs?

After all we continually hear from corporate executives bemoaning the fact that schools aren't turning out students that are receiving the skills they consider necessary to qualify them for skilled jobs in the new manufacturing environment.

There are a handful of companies that have tried to help with implementation of certain educational programs that they feel are applicable to their business model, but, from my perspective, it is a far cry from what they should be doing. If they gave as much money and support to education as they give to lobbyists and political candidates, I'd be more convinced of their real concern about education.

9/07/2017 7:49 am  #4

rongone's idea sound good to me.  I'm guessing there would need to be an increase in the state sales tax and perhaps state income tax, too?

Board footera