The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2017 7:05 pm  #1

Trump's base are a lot like The Who's Tommy

That deaf, dumb, and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball

Majority of Trump supporters 'don't believe Trump Jr attended Russian lawyer meeting'

A new survey from Democratic polling firm Public Policy Polling (PPP) has revealed that less than half of all Trump supporters believe the President’s son met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign – a fact Donald Trump Jr himself has confirmed.

Only 45 per cent of Trump voters, the national poll found, believe that Mr Trump Jr met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump Jr has confirmed multiple times that he took this meeting. The White House has not disputed this account.

Emails from June of last year – released by Mr Trump Jr himself – show he helped plan a meeting between himself, then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, adviser Jared Kushner, and a woman described as a “Russian government lawyer”.

The purpose of the meeting, according to the emails, was to “provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia” as part of "Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump”.

Still, only 13 per cent of Trump voters believe members of the Trump campaign worked with Russia to boost his presidential bid. In fact, only 26 per cent of Trump voters believe that Russia even wanted Mr Trump to win the election. Forty-four per cent believe Russia wanted Ms Clinton to win.

This belief – contradicted by reports from multiple US intelligence agencies – has been encouraged by Mr Trump himself, who last week claimed that Russian President Vladimir Putin would have liked to see Ms Clinton win.

“We are the most powerful country in the world, and we are getting more and more powerful because I’m a big military person,” he said. “As an example, if Hillary had won, our military would be decimated … There are many things that I do that are the exact opposite of what [Mr Putin] would want.”

Trump voters are also likely to repeat another of the President’s favourite lines: According to the PPP poll, almost two-thirds of Trump voters consider the Russia story to be “fake news”.

Mr Trump has alternately called the allegations of his ties to Russia “fake news,” a “hoax,” and a “witch hunt”.

But even this “fake news” turned out to be true, the poll finds, Mr Trump’s base would stand by him. Seventy-seven per cent of Trump voters said they would support the President staying in office, even if investigations find he did collude with Russia.

7/19/2017 4:52 am  #2

Re: Trump's base are a lot like The Who's Tommy

Let's summarize: Fewer than half of Trump supporters believe that Donnie Jr met with the Russians, even though Jr himself admits it.

Let that sink in.
What a stunning example of willful ignorance and mass delusion. It is also a complete defeat for rationalism.
Clearly the reality denying sources such as Infowars, Legalinsurrection etc, have had their effect on the minds of the masses.

There has been a hope that even though we lefty commie libs have been tuned out by the Trumpers, that his incompetence and corruption would eventually become so obvious that it could not be denied by anyone.
Folks, that is NOT going to happen. These people are in on the big lie. They are willfully deceived. They are like kids begging for the same bedtime story every night.
Facts do not work on delusional people. Otherwise there would be no delusional people.

These people live at the anger centers of the mind. They are lost. Irretrievably lost. If Donald Trump ever did shoot someone on 5th Ave, the first words out of their mouths would be "Well, but Hillary,,,,"

Everyone who has scoffed at the fascism comparison should read this. Everyone who has said it can't happen here should take heed.

Anybody who sees a happy ending here clearly has not been paying close attention.

Last edited by Goose (7/19/2017 4:54 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/19/2017 5:39 am  #3

Living in La-La Land ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/19/2017 6:06 am  #4

Everyone who has scoffed at the fascism comparison should read this. Everyone who has said it can't happen here should take heed. 

I agree 100%.  I've brought this up before ............... Many years ago Huey Long was asked if fascism could ever take hold in America.  "Sure", he said, "but they won't call it that."

“If fascism ever came to the United States, it would be wrapped in an American flag."

Last edited by Just Fred (7/19/2017 6:10 am)

7/19/2017 10:25 am  #5

Only 45 per cent of Trump voters, the national poll found, believe that Mr Trump Jr met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump Jr has confirmed multiple times that he took this meeting. The White House has not disputed this account.

Ok, so basically what we've got here is that 55% of Trump voters think Donald Trump's son is a liar?  Now there's an interesting twist on the story.

7/19/2017 11:01 am  #6

It's quite a conundrum Fred.
I don't think that the Trumper's  would ever believe that junior lied.

So I am left with this :
Perhaps they are so poorly informed that they don't know that Junior confirmed that the meeting occurred.

Or they have been so thoroughly conditioned into senior's paranoia that they see reports about Junior confirming it and think that the report is a lie.

I'm at a loss to explain how they would dismiss video where Junior discusses the meeting with Sean Hannity. Perhaps they didn't see it or maybe it's a body double hired by the fake news people .

In any event it is extremely troubling

Last edited by Goose (7/19/2017 11:02 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/20/2017 10:05 am  #7

Just Fred wrote:

I agree 100%.  I've brought this up before ............... Many years ago Huey Long was asked if fascism could ever take hold in America.  "Sure", he said, "but they won't call it that."

“If fascism ever came to the United States, it would be wrapped in an American flag."

It could be a Russian wrapped in an American flag and carrying a bible, that should about do it.

This says it all:  

Last edited by TraderJay (7/20/2017 10:11 am)

7/20/2017 1:31 pm  #8

Wow, this Fischer guy is a real piece of work, isn't he?

Check this out:
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/people/bryan-fischer/

7/20/2017 2:09 pm  #9

I have been reading some things this past year about how the far right has embraced Putin's Russia since the end of the Cold war. With the godless communists gone, these guys see Russia as a white, Christian, Asian, bulwark against those who are brown skinned, and non Christian. They see the Russians as natural allies.

Of course, in embracing race and religion as common ground, they turn their backs on American values which I cherish, such as liberty, the rule of law, a free press, religious tolerance,,,etc.

Last edited by Goose (7/20/2017 2:10 pm)

Board footera