The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2015 1:16 pm  #11

Re: The Computers are Listening

Rongone wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

I think it's a little more this:Lions, Tigers, Bears - The Wizard Of Oz

I'm outraged.
I'm appalled.
And I'm very afraid.

Well, maybe I would be if I had something to hide or was guilty of some illegal activity I interacted with others on my iPad or TracFone.

But I don't. So . . . Lions and tigers and bears . . . Oh my!

Anyone listening in on my conversations, transactions, e-mails or whatever on any personal electronic device had better have about a years supply of No Doze handy.

It's got nothing to do with illegal activity.   Tell you what give me all your passwords for any accounts you have today. And while we are at let me look at everything you have on your computer. Like you said you are not doing anything illegal, right?

Last edited by Common Sense (5/06/2015 1:23 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/06/2015 1:54 pm  #12

Common Sense wrote:

Rongone wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

I think it's a little more this:Lions, Tigers, Bears - The Wizard Of Oz

I'm outraged.
I'm appalled.
And I'm very afraid.

Well, maybe I would be if I had something to hide or was guilty of some illegal activity I interacted with others on my iPad or TracFone.

Anyone listening in on my conversations, transactions, e-mails or whatever on any personal electronic device had better have about a years supply of No Doze handy.

It's got nothing to do with illegal activity.   Tell you what give me all your passwords for any accounts you have today. And while we are at let me look at everything you have on your computer. Like you said you are not doing anything illegal, right?

You'll have to call NSA.

They have all my info whether it's UNCLAS, UNCLAS EFTO, CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET, TOP SECRET, ENCRYTED, SIOP-ESI, or otherwise.

My wife has all my passwords written on a piece of toilet paper with homemade invisible ink.

Sorry Common, but this fear of government intrusion or some nefarious group getting ahold of some personal information of mine is not high on my fear meter. I do what I can to protect myself, but with technology the way it is, if someone or some group really wanted to get my information, I'm guessing they probably could. But I don't obsess about the possibility of that happening.

5/06/2015 2:09 pm  #13

Rongone wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

Rongone wrote:

I'm outraged.
I'm appalled.
And I'm very afraid.

You'll have to call NSA.

They have all my info whether it's UNCLAS, UNCLAS EFTO, CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET, TOP SECRET, ENCRYTED, SIOP-ESI, or otherwise.

My wife has all my passwords written on a piece of toilet paper with homemade invisible ink.

Sorry Common, but this fear of government intrusion or some nefarious group getting ahold of some personal information of mine is not high on my fear meter. I do what I can to protect myself, but with technology the way it is, if someone or some group really wanted to get my information, I'm guessing they probably could. But I don't obsess about the possibility of that happening.

So you won't give me all the passwords? Why not?
We are talking Strictly about the government spying on US citizens without a search warrant.
Nothing to do with some nefarious group getting your information and nothing to do with your protecting your information.

PS hope you don't use the t-paper with all the passwords on........

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/06/2015 2:47 pm  #14

Common, you will not bait me into a pissing contest.

I made my point clear. You have a different point of view.

Why can't you just accept that fact and leave it alone.

Board footera