The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2017 12:09 pm  #1

Morning Joe' broke ratings record after Trump attacks

Morning Joe' broke ratings record after Trump attacks

President Trump may be helping MSNBC get higher viewer ratings.

The MSNBC show hosted by Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough received its highest viewership Friday for a discussion of Trump’s critical tweets about their show “Morning Joe,” the Associated Press reported.

Around 1.66 million people tuned into the morning show following Trump’s Twitter attacks, the news wire highlighted, pointing to Nielsen ratings.

The new record reportedly beat the show’s previous highest rating, which occurred the day after Trump won the 2016 presidential election.

The president even said he watched the show on Friday.

Trump claimed in a series of tweets last week that "Morning Joe" was suffering from poor ratings, pointing to its negative coverage of him.

MSNBC, however, had seen a rise in its ratings in recent months, beating Fox News in weekday night ratings with the 25-54 age demographic. 

"Morning Joe's" ratings on Friday also beat "Fox & Friends" ratings, the AP reported.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/340692-morning-joe-broke-ratings-record-after-trump-attacks

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/05/2017 3:27 pm  #2

Re: Morning Joe' broke ratings record after Trump attacks

The tweet storm kind of backfired at least in terms of ratings. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

7/05/2017 3:50 pm  #3

Re: Morning Joe' broke ratings record after Trump attacks

I wish I could get trump to attack me !

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera