The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2015 3:08 pm  #11

Re: McDonald's to simplify structure, focus on customers

This thread instantly made me think of this clip from the movie Falling Down, especially Rongone's observation that the food they serve never looks like the picture on the menu.  (big-grin)

http://youtu.be/lK332QsfYRc

5/04/2015 4:59 pm  #12

flowergirl, you and my wife are on the same page.

5/04/2015 5:10 pm  #13

Goose wrote:

Good points all, esp Lager and Fred.
McDonalds is getting squeezed. They aren't very fast, very good or very cheap anymore.
And they are trying to be all things.
The casual upscale market is gone, in my opinion. Go back to being a breakfast and burger joint.
Oh, and ditch the clown, too.

If they got rid of the clown, would that be 'Ron Gone'?

(big-grin)

(Ronald McDonald, gone, play on words joke there, not an insult to poster Rongone)

5/04/2015 5:13 pm  #14

Just Fred wrote:

flowergirl, you and my wife are on the same page.

McDonalds (along with other fast food places) now actually do have SOME of what I would consider to be healthy choices on their menus. 

As far as their burgers go, they are OK. It is funny that Lager thinks that Five Guys has the best burgers (I too like them a lot), but my wife disagees A LOT. I won't tell you who she likes (it is NOT McDonalds). I don't want to be the one that starts the BURGER WARS here on the Exchange ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/04/2015 6:06 pm  #15

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Good points all, esp Lager and Fred.
McDonalds is getting squeezed. They aren't very fast, very good or very cheap anymore.
And they are trying to be all things.
The casual upscale market is gone, in my opinion. Go back to being a breakfast and burger joint.
Oh, and ditch the clown, too.

If they got rid of the clown, would that be 'Ron Gone'?

(big-grin)

(Ronald McDonald, gone, play on words joke there, not an insult to poster Rongone)

I am deeply offended.

Sitting on my back deck, polishing off my second mudslide.

5/04/2015 9:14 pm  #16

I once liked Five Guys burgers but not since the last one about a year ago that looked and tasted waaay too much like McDonald's.  I will never enter a Five Guys restaurant since eating a--sorry, Tennyson, I have to say it--Red Robin burger.  In the event you are not aware, RR has a miniburger that's just my size.  Ymmm.

5/04/2015 9:15 pm  #17

Rongone--I'm not into drinking and I'm assuming a mudslide is booze.  But what?  That's a new one for me. 

5/04/2015 9:52 pm  #18

Five guys is McDonalds at about five times the price.

I don't bust on McDonalds because there are some really good products:  The CBO (Cheddar, Bacon, sauted onions), unfortunately a seasonal offering; the McRib (again, just a seasonal) and, right now, the Clubhouse.

But the signature "Big Mac"....fuggadaboutit.

Life is an Orthros.

5/05/2015 6:45 am  #19

flowergirl wrote:

Rongone--I'm not into drinking and I'm assuming a mudslide is booze.  But what?  That's a new one for me. 

A Frozen Mudslide:

THE KAHLÚA GUIDE ON
HOW TO MAKE A FROZEN MUDSLIDE
1 PART KAHLÚA
1 PART ABSOLUT VODKA
1 PART IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR
3 SCOOPS VANILLA ICE CREAM
Mix the Kahlúa, Absolut Vodka, Irish cream Liqueur with Vanilla Ice Cream and crushed ice in a blender. Pour the mixture into a hurricane glass.

Tip: Remember what mom always said: don’t drink it all at once... You’ll get a brain freeze.

Some people skip the ice cream. Remember to squirt some chocolate syrup inside the glass you're going to serve the drink in.

Careful . . . They're good . . . Especially if you like chocolate.

5/05/2015 12:17 pm  #20

Sounds great and if I'm ever out somewhere I may order one.  Thanks! 

Board footera