The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2015 5:06 pm  #11

Re: What's going on here ?????

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

I seem to still have a 'post' option on closed threads.

If I've put something somewhere it doesn't belong, sorry.  I'll try to look more closely before posting.

If people have been complaining about me I haven't been hearing about it.  If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

I've been checking the abuse reports daily, generally they've been cleared within minutes of being posted so I haven't been much help there.  I can check in more oftern if you'd like.

As far as editing posts goes, I wouldn't do this at all.  If you're changing someone else's words, it's now your post.  It definetly should not be posted under someone else's name.

I stated before, if someone becomes abusive, a warning should suffice.  I would rely on the poster to edit their own post.  If the behavior continues, then I would consider removing the post.

I feel that hovering over everyone and analyzing the crap out of what they post to determine if it's appropriate would suck the life right out of the board.

I don't want anyone to feel that they can't message me for any reason.

If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know because I apparently don't.  

Your approach seems to be in line with how I would like to see the board moderated. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/04/2015 5:16 pm  #12

Just so everyone knows, Goose and I seemed to get off on the wrong foot, a bad start.  I'm cool with him, no problems, and I mean that sincerely.  I know sometimes it can be hard to convey intent in written words, and I think we all can be guilty of posting what appears to be baiting and non-civility at times.  I will try my best to avoid that kind of thing from now on.  I'm not here to fight with anyone, and I really do value and appreciate everyone's input and opinions.

5/04/2015 5:25 pm  #13

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

If I've put something somewhere it doesn't belong, sorry.  I'll try to look more closely before posting.

If people have been complaining about me I haven't been hearing about it.  If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

I've been checking the abuse reports daily, generally they've been cleared within minutes of being posted so I haven't been much help there.  I can check in more oftern if you'd like.

As far as editing posts goes, I wouldn't do this at all.  If you're changing someone else's words, it's now your post.  It definetly should not be posted under someone else's name.

I stated before, if someone becomes abusive, a warning should suffice.  I would rely on the poster to edit their own post.  If the behavior continues, then I would consider removing the post.

I feel that hovering over everyone and analyzing the crap out of what they post to determine if it's appropriate would suck the life right out of the board.

CT excellent comments about the New Exchange.
I think your suggestions are spot on! Thanks for taking
the time to post it!

I know of zero complaints with your moderating style.
Just keep doing it the way you are.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/04/2015 6:26 pm  #14

The Man wrote:

Just so everyone knows, Goose and I seemed to get off on the wrong foot, a bad start. I'm cool with him, no problems, and I mean that sincerely. I know sometimes it can be hard to convey intent in written words, and I think we all can be guilty of posting what appears to be baiting and non-civility at times. I will try my best to avoid that kind of thing from now on. I'm not here to fight with anyone, and I really do value and appreciate everyone's input and opinions.

Thank you. I am glad that you are willing to set history aside.

I am looking forward to a new begining as well.

We need to let go of the past, and acknowledge our own shortcomings

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/04/2015 6:47 pm  #15

Common Sense wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

CT excellent comments about the New Exchange.
I think your suggestions are spot on! Thanks for taking
the time to post it!

I know of zero complaints with your moderating style.
Just keep doing it the way you are.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway; 
And more, much more than this, 
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few; 
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course; 
Each careful step along the byway, 
And more, much more than this, 
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt, 
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall; 
And did it my way.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/04/2015 7:39 pm  #16

Goose wrote:

[ I am glad that you are willing to set history aside.

I am looking forward to a new begining as well.

We need to let go of the past, and acknowledge our own shortcomings

Imagine what such thinking, such kindness, and such caring could do for race relations in the US.

Imagine what this could do for international relations.

No, I'm not cuing John Lennon.....

Life is an Orthros.

5/05/2015 8:13 am  #17

Many thanks to El Presidente for bringing together the heads of the Five Families and brokering the Great Peace of May 4.

I shall,,, um,,,"sacrifice" several Southern Tiers in his honor this evening.

5/05/2015 1:55 pm  #18

Goose wrote:

Many thanks to El Presidente for bringing together the heads of the Five Families and brokering the Great Peace of May 4.

You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your post back to you, or my thread to me? I forgo the vengeance of my board. But I have selfish reasons. My youngest moderator was forced to leave this internet because of this Common Sense business. All right, now I have to make arrangements to bring him back to moderate safely. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him... if he should be called a dick by a fellow poster, or if he should find a post edited, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But, that aside, let me say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we have made here today.

5/05/2015 2:06 pm  #19

The godfather best scene

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

5/05/2015 2:17 pm  #20

Awesome, guys ! 

Board footera