The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2017 11:55 am  #1

Billionaire Whines to 20 Somethings about Life being Unfair

Trump: No politician ‘has been treated worse or more unfairly’

President Donald Trump warned graduating Coast Guard cadets on Wednesday that life is unfair, sharing an unconventionally gloomy outlook on the future as the commander in chief himself tries to regain his footing after more than a week of staggering headlines.

“Over the course of your life, you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted,” Trump said.
Trump’s “advice,” as he framed it, took a personal turn when he brought media coverage of his administration into the mix, declaring that no politician has ever been treated as badly or unfairly as he has.

“Look at the way I’ve been treated lately,” Trump said, as some in the audience burst into laughter, “especially by the media. No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can’t let them get you down. You can’t let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams.” 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/donald-trump-coast-guard-gradution-unfairly-treated-president-238505

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/17/2017 12:31 pm  #2

Re: Billionaire Whines to 20 Somethings about Life being Unfair

This tells you all you need to know about our President.

He could have went to encourage and inspire the next group of Coast Guard cadets who signed up to protect and work on behalf of the nation.

Or he could have thrown himself a pity party in front of a branch of our military. 

He chose the latter.

Further proof that it's all about Trump thinking about Trump before anything or anyone else.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

5/17/2017 12:33 pm  #3

When a child becomes president,,,

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/17/2017 1:14 pm  #4

I really hope when my child graduates college, the leader of the free world doesn't show up to tell her class how mean everyone is to him.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

5/17/2017 1:31 pm  #5

TheLagerLad wrote:

I really hope when my child graduates college, the leader of the free world doesn't show up to tell her class how mean everyone is to him.

When my youngest daughter completed her undergrad degree at Lehigh, the commencement speaker was then VP Dan Quayle. He and his wife did what could only be called a bad SNL back-and-forth like:

Dan says: "When we were in college it was the Four Tops." Dan's wife says: "And now it's ten thousand maniacs."

It went on like that for about 20 minutes. I'm sure they thought this was hilarious. The audience didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The most uncomfortable member of the audience was their son who was in the graduating class.

Trump's overwhelming concern in everything he does or says is to satisfy his own ego, defend his mistakes, and attack anyone he perceives to be his enemy. He couldn't care less about those Coast Guard Academy graduates. His audience at their commencement ceremonies was the evil media and keeping his most ardent supporters onboard his personal sinking ship.

5/17/2017 3:52 pm  #6

It's all about ME ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/17/2017 8:06 pm  #7

This guy has got to go.  He addresses a graduating class and pisses and moans how unfairly he's been treated?  The grads could give a rat's carcass since every one of them realize he brought it on himself.

5/17/2017 8:11 pm  #8

Just Fred wrote:

This guy has got to go.  He addresses a graduating class and pisses and moans how unfairly he's been treated?  The grads could give a rat's carcass since every one of them realize he brought it on himself.

I'm sure that young men and women who are about to put their lives on the line for their country will be very sympathetic to a billionaire whining that the op-ed page of the Washington Post had some critical words for him.

Last edited by Goose (5/17/2017 8:12 pm)

5/18/2017 4:58 am  #9

5/18/2017 6:37 am  #10

First of all, I don't think 'surety' is a word, and secondly, tell that to Nelson Mandela.  I'm sure he might have a comment or two.

Board footera