The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2015 5:45 am  #1

Super Bowl Parties

What do folks plan on serving for the big game? I imagine that pizza, wings, chips and dips will be on the coffee table in millions of homes.
I can't decide. Was thinking of going a different way. Maybe a dim sum tray, sushi, or perhaps a collection of tapas.

Or, I might just buy some pizza dough and make a variety of flat breads.
And some cold Sam Adams.

What's going on the table in PA?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/30/2015 7:21 am  #2

Re: Super Bowl Parties

Ha!  Well, as a sports fan, I've gone to several Super Bowl parties and discovered half or more of the people attending are there for the 'party' and not really there to actually watch the game.  The result is that my neighbor (who is also a die-hard sports fan) and I simply get together and watch the game in peace.  I know it sounds dull, but maybe a couple of beers and a bowl of mixed bar snacks is it for us.

1/30/2015 7:47 am  #3

I'm going to put some ribs in the slow cooker and let them sit all day. A little before game time, I'll toss 'em in the broiler, brush some more sauce on em and they should be ready for kickoff.

Troeg's Nugget Nectar will be the beer of choice.

It won't be much of a party though. Just me and the kid watching. Mrs. Lager will pop in every now and then to check on the score. Which is cool with me because I just like to focus on the game.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/30/2015 2:11 pm  #4

Troegs and ribs--that IS quite a party!

Life is an Orthros.

1/30/2015 3:21 pm  #5

That's the brown pointy ball with the stiches on top, right?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

1/31/2015 9:11 pm  #6

Not gonna watch... I'll just bitch & moan about how much it's gonna screw up my recordings!!!
BUT... I will be making empanadillas (empanadas in Mexican) early so I can just toss them in some hot oil to fry up crispy, and then pig out!!! 

Board footera